VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY ALL!

SO I RECENTLY PICKED UP AN OBD1 ABA GOING TO REBUILD IT AND TURBO IT. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS AND ALSO LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE. I AM NEW TO THE TURBO WORLD! FIRST QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ACTUAL SWAP

1. WORTH CONVERTING TO OBD2????? AND IF SO IS ALL THAT IS DIFFERENT INTAKE AND THROTTLE BODY?? WHAT ALL WOULD I NEED FOR THAT CONVERSION. I SEE NLS MAKES A STANDALONE HARNESS SO THAT SHOULD HELP. ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE?

2. ASSUMING I CONVERT TO OBD2 WHAT IS A GOOD ECU TO RUN? AND WHAT CAR TO GET IT OUT OF?

3. WANT TO STAY MANUAL I AM SURE THE 020 IN THERE WONT HOLD UP WHATS A GOOD TRANS?

TURBO QUESTIONS

1 IS A GARRET T3/T4 .63 AR A GOOD CHOICE? LINK BELOW. GONNA BE STREET DRIVEN SO I DONT WANT IT TO SPOOL TO HIGH IN THE RPM RANGE..BUT NOT TO EARLY EITHER.. http://www.bahnbrenner.com/vw_audi/products/2094/Garrett_T3_T4_Hybrid_Turbo_Stage_3

ANY HELP OR SUGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT!!! BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING I DID TRYING DOING A SEARCH BUT IT KEPT SAYING SERVER TIME OUT. SO I AM GOING ABOUT IT THIS WAY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.