VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes I know, ANOTHER MK2 1.8T SWAP. Ive read lots of other builds, and I find that every build becomes a long story, that you find yourself enthralled with, and before you know it, you have read through 10-20 pages. Now first and foremost, this is my first mk2 1.8t swap, I'm not a know it all, and I will deff. Get stuck and ask questions. At the same time ill do my best to answer questions anyone has.......

Run down of what I'm using>>

1998 aeb from a passat
2001 gti 02j w/ shift box
Corrado pedals and trans mount
K03s from gti
Mk4 manifolds
Aba accesories
Aba oil pan, oil cooler, o/f housing, oil pump, and pick up tube, turbo lines will be a mix of oem mk4 and custom lines made from ANplumbing.com

More details will come here's a couple quick pics>>

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a small update, got the aba pulled and started some clean up and also started removing pieces from firewall, as well as some interior for the pedals and such, here's some pics:

Almost got original pedals out, and I have to get my steering column re welded, basically my intentions are bot for a full shave and tucked bay, I just want an oem look like the 20v is supposed to be there, I'm leaving all factory lines and just cleaning and repainting everything.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also decided that even tho I'm going to leave the factory seams and such in the bay, I think I'm going to fill all the holes that have no use, rather than grommets, ill just fill them in, and since I don't have a welder, and have some experience with fiberglass, I guess that's my only choice really

·
Registered
1992 Corrado 1.8T ATC motor/AWP harness, F21 turbo and Motoza tuning.
1,524 Posts
Just a small update, got the aba pulled and started some clean up and also started removing pieces from firewall, as well as some interior for the pedals and such, here's some pics:

Almost got original pedals out, and I have to get my steering column re welded, basically my intentions are bot for a full shave and tucked bay, I just want an oem look like the 20v is supposed to be there, I'm leaving all factory lines and just cleaning and repainting everything.

Man looking good!! any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I tell u Wat cleaning an engine bay with 23 years of grime is a pain in the rear lol, I'm kinda stuck with the holes as ppl are telling me fiberglass isnt a good idea, so they might just stay and ill hunt down the grommets, but I wanna get the bay in paint so the engine can be my main focus, as it needs degreased and painted as well, ill post some pics tonight, I gotta insulate my garage door, its 9 degrees outside lol

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
O guess I'm confused, I used. Mk3 steering column because I have a mk3 dash, the upper side bolts to the mk3 rebar, and the lower side attatches to the little bar on the pedal assembly, can u explain a bit more, as I am not following what.Ur saying

1 - 20 of 291 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.