VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 vr gti with a complete 5 lug swap. I dropped the car this summer with coilovers. The driver side is fine but the passenger side has some camber problems. The top of the tire is tucked and the bottom is sticking out, this is only happpening on the passneger side. I have the same amount of thread left on both front coilovers. How do I fix this. I have already yanked out on the coilover to see if I could get it straight.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13,731 Posts
Re: MK2 gti camber issue (buzzmkduce)

Could be due to a combination of worn parts and misalignments.
Have you replaced the rubber upper strut mounts recently and/or did you replace them when you did the 5-lug swap and how long ago was that? Did you get an alignment done at that time, or have you since? Have you done anything to the suspension since you had an alignment done? Have you bumped into anything since?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: MK2 gti camber issue (germancarnut51)

I put new strut mounts on and did alignment but I think im going to get another one and try it at a new shop. everything else is in good shape. Im thinking the first alignment didnt go so well so Sunday im going ill let you know. Thanks for the tips man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.