VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think the estimate would be at a decent body shop for shaving the side marker holes on mk2 jetta fenders and painting them
TIA
-mike

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Re: mk2 jetta fender shaving.... (Dub HaBit)

body work would proably be about 2-3 hours. but your gonna get screwed on paint, youll end up blend both fenders and maybe onto the hood. maybe 5-6 hours for paint. i might be over estimating. might be under. so 250-500 id say

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: mk2 jetta fender shaving.... (NVmyVW)

i was thinking of pulling off the fenders and just taking them to the body shop, fill in the side marker holes and getting it painted some type of nice black...
would it be cheaper that way, by just bring them the fenders?? maybe the hood
tia

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Re: mk2 jetta fender shaving.... (Dub HaBit)

are you going to paint the fenders the same color as the car? no it wouldnt really save on expense if you brought them the fenders. its actually kinda easier to do the work with them on the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: mk2 jetta fender shaving.... (NVmyVW)

i dont think its easier to do it on the car,if you go there tell them not to blend anything just filler in and paint it enough said and if they do blend tell them your not going to pay the bill i work at a body shop thats how it goes

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: mk2 jetta fender shaving.... (vwmikel333)

what do you think the price would be for this? gimme an estimate if anyone knows....
also what would they fill in the sidemarker hole with?
tia, mike

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Re: mk2 jetta fender shaving.... (vwmikel333)

'dont think its easier to do it on the car,if you go there tell them not to blend anything just filler in and paint it enough said and if they do blend tell them your not going to pay the bill i work at a body shop thats how it goes'
lol nobodys gonna blend anything unless you remind them twice. its too much of a pain in the ass to just do it for the heck of it.haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts