VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you guys mounting your ECU's? ill be puttin my MS case in the interior somewhere , as well as the controller box for my Wb02 sensor (because i can). I was thinking in the center console cubby with grommets in the side of the console to run my wires out of.
P4v: Like my pic rory??

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
There is about a 2" gap between the fuse box and the side of the car which is where I always stick my haltechs. Its nice because your inches away from grommets through into the engine bay and less then inches away from switched power, ground, everything you need.

·
Registered
21,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Mk2 SEM installs / ECU/ECM mounting Q's (flyvwguy76)

i dont want to hide the ecm . ill see how my area works. i might be trying to put some MS harnesses that a PnP out aswell for a CE2 box so im seeing where ppl are mounting there ecu's.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Re: (801pete)

Quote, originally posted by 801pete »
There is about a 2" gap between the fuse box and the side of the car which is where I always stick my haltechs. Its nice because your inches away from grommets through into the engine bay and less then inches away from switched power, ground, everything you need.

exactly where my sds is!

·
Registered
21,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (ValveCoverGasket)

Quote, originally posted by ValveCoverGasket »
i mounted mine in the raintray, but that car doesnt get driven in bad weather...although the ecu is fully covered by the rain tray plastic..

yea i want all aluminum boxes inside the car , thats how i get my jollies

·
Registered
21,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (ValveCoverGasket)

Quote, originally posted by ValveCoverGasket »
just did a miata where we put it on the back of the glovebox, might be space in a mk2 if you didnt have a/c

i dont think i want to run it to the other side. I really wanna throw em in the center console.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.