VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all! I've been loving driving my 2013 TT RS this summer, and particularly enjoy that sweet 5-cyl sound. My car came with the Audi Sport Exhaust, and while I do enjoy the music that it produces, find that it's much too quiet for my tastes. I've begun looking for aftermarket options, but have found that possibly due to the age of the model, there don't seem to be many options. Specifically, the only three choices that I've been able to find are Borla, Milltek, and Corsa. Of the three, only the Milltek is valved

Does anyone have any experience with these three? I've found videos on Youtube of the Milltek that seem to sound good, but comments have largely hated on it. Are there other exhausts that are very popular for this car?

·
Registered
571 Posts
On my 2012 TTRS I did the flapper mod, and run an APR Downpipe. I think the sound is about perfect there. Nice bark when you’re on it but not insanely loud either… overall just sounds amazing and the oem sports exhaust keeps drone away… I hear many aftermarket systems introduce drone. Just something to consider. Nice performance jump and sound from downpipe alone w a tune. If you don’t want to do a full downpipe… start by deleting the secondary cats as this opens up some noise as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Test pipes make a big difference for sound and it's an easy mod, no check engine light or anything and pretty easy install (shameless plug, I have a set for sale if you're interested PM me). Also going catless adds some more sound but that depends on your overall goals for the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Test pipes make a big difference for sound and it's an easy mod, no check engine light or anything and pretty easy install (shameless plug, I have a set for sale if you're interested PM me). Also going catless adds some more sound but that depends on your overall goals for the car.
Are you referring to just the secondary cat delete pipes, or a full on catless downpipe as well? I might be interested - feel free to PM me with the info.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Are you referring to just the secondary cat delete pipes, or a full on catless downpipe as well? I might be interested - feel free to PM me with the info.
Just the secondary cat delete with OEM downpipe makes a huge difference. Going full catless also makes a difference but not as much as just removing the secondary cats. I'll shoot you a PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
davemarco,

Are you still looking for an exhaust?

I have a full turbo back APR system, and I am looking to swap out the rear cat back section for an oem sport exhaust. Interested in some sort of trade?

·
Registered
571 Posts
davemarco,

Are you still looking for an exhaust?

I have a full turbo back APR system, and I am looking to swap out the rear cat back section for an oem sport exhaust. Interested in some sort of trade?
Where are you located?? I’ve got the APR downpipe already and would love the APR catback…

·
Registered
571 Posts
What do you not like about your current set up?
I love it.. I just could use a bit more noise to be honest. But at the same time I’m not sure I’m going to get THAT much more noise for 12-2000$ on a catback so it’s sort of low on the list. It sounds fantastic and I did the flapper mod as well which was free and easy. But it’s not that loud. I am coming from a supercharged mk4 R32 that had milltek from the headers back and was not obnoxious but loud enough. This car just seems quiet to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love it.. I just could use a bit more noise to be honest. But at the same time I’m not sure I’m going to get THAT much more noise for 12-2000$ on a catback so it’s sort of low on the list. It sounds fantastic and I did the flapper mod as well which was free and easy. But it’s not that loud. I am coming from a supercharged mk4 R32 that had milltek from the headers back and was not obnoxious but loud enough. This car just seems quiet to me.

Got it.

Well, the full APR system is not quiet. In fact, cold start and idle volume is a bit much for me, hence my desire to swap in the factory sport cat back. I would prefer to be able to leave the work parking garage with a little more stealth.

The sound under acceleration and at full boil is sublime, however.

If I do end up finding an oem and swapping it out, I will circle back and see if you are still interested.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Got it.

Well, the full APR system is not quiet. In fact, cold start and idle volume is a bit much for me, hence my desire to swap in the factory sport cat back. I would prefer to be able to leave the work parking garage with a little more stealth.

The sound under acceleration and at full boil is sublime, however.

If I do end up finding an oem and swapping it out, I will circle back and see if you are still interested.
Yes please do, I would absolutely be interested without question as it’ll bolt right up to my downpipe of course! Sounds more like what I am looking for As well!

If we were closer id do the swap w you easy! Ha!

Please stay in touch! The sport exhaust definitely still sounds great but quite literally sounds exactly like what you’re looking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes please do, I would absolutely be interested without question as it’ll bolt right up to my downpipe of course! Sounds more like what I am looking for As well!

If we were closer id do the swap w you easy! Ha!

Please stay in touch! The sport exhaust definitely still sounds great but quite literally sounds exactly like what you’re looking for.

So I am looking at a new oem cat-back, thinking about pulling the trigger. Still interested?

One question: Do you have the APR "Y" pipe that joins the APR down/center pipe to the factory cat-back? APR no longer manufactures them. I could have one fabricated, but thought we might work something out if you are still interested in the APR cat-back

·
Registered
571 Posts
So I am looking at a new oem cat-back, thinking about pulling the trigger. Still interested?

One question: Do you have the APR "Y" pipe that joins the APR down/center pipe to the factory cat-back? APR no longer manufactures them. I could have one fabricated, but thought we might work something out if you are still interested in the APR cat-back
Sure just sent you a Pm

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there a good commercial option for deleting the resonators on the rear Y-Pipe? I've read about people using the Milltek non-resonated Y-Pipe with the OEM Sports mufflers, but I can't see any commercial option to purchase just that piece.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts