VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

MK2 VR Coupe... Here she is.

3K views 49 replies 19 participants last post by  lagunasecablue 
#1 ·
So here she is. I have been meaning to post some pics up. Looking to see some color options. Also, brake caliper color options. comments welcome. This Bitch is fast!!!

thanks for looking

See less See more
#6 ·
Re: MK2 VR Coupe... Here she is. (Mace_Windu)

i didnt do the swap. i only fixed it. i got the coupe form a fellow dubber. it seemed as a project that needed to be completeed. it was running but it had some issues. now it is daily status. have a few more things going into it. i just wanted to put it out here and get some suggestions on colors....
i will take better pics of the swap and the mk3 dash and rear axle/brake set up.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#18 ·
Re: MK2 VR Coupe... Here she is. (dubbinmk2)

yeah, something like that.
there were some problems with the steering column as well as serious electrical problems with the mk3 dash swap. there was a bunch of vacume lines that were shot including the brake booster one (almost wrecked) and some coolant lines also.
i love this thing though. i have BIG plans for it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
all those who have owned this car previously, please stand up!

#19 ·
Re: MK2 VR Coupe... Here she is. (lagunasecablue)

did you fix the mk3 dash? or swapped the mk2 dash back? my buddy has mk3 dash and it sucks you have to open the door to roll down the window..good luck with the car looks like you saved the car!!! is this your first mk2 vr6? i got 86 golf 4 door i just finished swapping a vr6 into it and it's a rocket.... i pan on LSD and boost some time next year......

Modified by dubbinmk2 at 12:34 PM 8-6-2008

#20 ·

Yeah, I fixed it. I have been working on this car every weekend since i got it. It has power windows, one of which i replaced after switching to manual i went back to power since i hated that i had to open the doors to roll em up. Thanks, this car is going to be PROPER when i am done with it.

#21 ·

Quote, originally posted by dubbinmk2 »
did you fix the mk3 dash? or swapped the mk2 dash back? my buddy has mk3 dash and it sucks you have to open the door to roll down the window....

Modified by dubbinmk2 at 12:34 PM 8-6-2008

The EXACT reason why I'm goin' back to an MK2 dash.

#26 ·
Re: MK2 VR Coupe... Here she is. (lagunasecablue)

Quote, originally posted by lagunasecablue »
if there is anyone here that was driving a RS R32 yesterday on I-87... What happened? dont tell me thats all you had?

you're making me wanna work on my swap for the next 4 days straight to get mine running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.