VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around and I can't really find the best option here. I was planning on a 2.5 in exhaust, but the more I read, the more problems I see. Right now I am mainly concerned with which set up. I do not have to run a cat since I am in ohio, and I only want to use one muffler. Does anyone have a similar set up?

· Registered
424 Posts
Re: mk2 vr6 exhaust (dubbinmk2)

I have a TT with a flowmaster on my jetta coupe. sounds sick doesnt really drone at all on the highway and I have a 27 mile commute each way to work. Cost me around $450 shipped to my house. Also not running a cat on mine just made up a 2.5 inch test pipe off of a TT header. I also have 2 resonators on mine.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FV-QR

thats what I was thinking. TT is dialed at what they do, but if I can make one out of stainless steel for cheaper then their aluminum, then of course I am going to. The only other question is, how much of a difference do resonators make?

· Registered
1,923 Posts
Re: FV-QR (crowgora211232)

Quote, originally posted by crowgora211232 »
. The only other question is, how much of a difference do resonators make?

They really make a huge difference. I have a TT Borla 2.5 setup off a Corrado with both resonators and it's definitely quiet.
I have a Raceland header and am getting a test pipe plus deleting the center res. because its too quiet.

· Registered
46,293 Posts
FV-QR

2.5" piping. high flow cat. and magna flow.
im in the process of redoing mine. high flow cat. 2.5" piping and dumped infront of the rear wheel

· Registered
2,054 Posts
Re: mk2 vr6 exhaust (allroy18)

Quote, originally posted by allroy18 »
I have a TT with a flowmaster on my jetta coupe. sounds sick doesnt really drone at all on the highway and I have a 27 mile commute each way to work. Cost me around $450 shipped to my house. Also not running a cat on mine just made up a 2.5 inch test pipe off of a TT header. I also have 2 resonators on mine.

What muffler, race? My flowmaster on my mkIII GLX was quite loud, however I didn't mind. I had a resonator as well. IMO it sounds better than borla but you pay for that on the highway.

· Registered
163 Posts
Re: mk2 vr6 exhaust (crowgora211232)

i'm running a tt with both resonators and a borla. quality and fit are awesome. the car is quiet for around town and gets that nice vr6 sound when you step on it. i'm also running a test pipe, and soon will have a tt down pipe to go with the setup. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: mk2 vr6 exhaust (chrisdfv)

chris, is that without resonators? because that is pretty much the only thing I am stuck on.
My jetta before the swap had a stock 8v exhaust that broke off after the first muffler. That exhaust wasn't too loud, but I don't care for much louder than that at idle.

· Registered
1,446 Posts
Re: mk2 vr6 exhaust (crowgora211232)

Quote, originally posted by crowgora211232 »
chris, is that without resonators? because that is pretty much the only thing I am stuck on.
My jetta before the swap had a stock 8v exhaust that broke off after the first muffler. That exhaust wasn't too loud, but I don't care for much louder than that at idle.

PM replied. I can try and take a better video tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.