VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found an mk2 with 113k miles for $1300 i am thinking about getting it cuz its so cheap and i do like the way they look. not as much as i like my mk3 though
i dont want to ask on the mk2 forum cuz those guys most likely love their cars like we love our mk3's. i would like to know if this would be a wise purchase or if the mk2's are not very good?

· Registered
2,996 Posts
Re: (Gaets)

mk2's seem to have better bodies than our mk3's but they also have smaller motors, horrible wiring problems. But if you swap in a aba, or a vr then you have a nice car as long as you keep up on the wiring

· All Star
2.5 / 2.7 / 4.2 / 3.0T
10,853 Posts
Re: mk2 (wesjettamk3)

Quote, originally posted by wesjettamk3 »
i found an mk2 with 113k miles for $1300 i am thinking about getting it cuz its so cheap and i do like the way they look.

i bought an 86 jetta with 80K for $600 once.... bad move. looked good, but it was a disaster.
for $1300, you could pick up a beater mk3 2.0 that would prob. be more reliable. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
mk2's are good looking cars though.

· Registered
2,996 Posts
Re: mk2 (GsR)

Quote, originally posted by GsR »
I think mkiii looks better than mkii. The mkii was designed like 30 years ago.

and still looks sexier than most cars today

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Re: mk2 (wesjettamk3)

Quote, originally posted by wesjettamk3 »
i dont want to ask on the mk2 forum cuz those guys most likely love their cars like we love our mk3's.

I don't think he meant to post here, yet, guys.
But that doesn't mean we still can't show him how great this body style is! Good pics so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.