VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

mk2

708 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  ANSAracingb 
#1 ·
i found an mk2 with 113k miles for $1300 i am thinking about getting it cuz its so cheap and i do like the way they look. not as much as i like my mk3 though
i dont want to ask on the mk2 forum cuz those guys most likely love their cars like we love our mk3's. i would like to know if this would be a wise purchase or if the mk2's are not very good?

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: (Gaets)

mk2's seem to have better bodies than our mk3's but they also have smaller motors, horrible wiring problems. But if you swap in a aba, or a vr then you have a nice car as long as you keep up on the wiring

#6 ·
Re: mk2 (wesjettamk3)

Quote, originally posted by wesjettamk3 »
i found an mk2 with 113k miles for $1300 i am thinking about getting it cuz its so cheap and i do like the way they look.

i bought an 86 jetta with 80K for $600 once.... bad move. looked good, but it was a disaster.
for $1300, you could pick up a beater mk3 2.0 that would prob. be more reliable. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
mk2's are good looking cars though.

#8 ·
Re: mk2 (GsR)

Quote, originally posted by GsR »
I think mkiii looks better than mkii. The mkii was designed like 30 years ago.

and still looks sexier than most cars today

#12 ·
Re: mk2 (wesjettamk3)

Quote, originally posted by wesjettamk3 »
i dont want to ask on the mk2 forum cuz those guys most likely love their cars like we love our mk3's.

I don't think he meant to post here, yet, guys.
But that doesn't mean we still can't show him how great this body style is! Good pics so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.