VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i looked around for like a half hour but i am tired. i worked all day and i just want to take a break watch some tv and come back later to see if anyone could help me out with out saying search. i am thinking of doing 15 or 16 x 8 inch wheels. I was thinking of doing a 0 et on the rear and a 15 et on the front. Will this work with a MK3.5 cabrio. Yes it is the Wheels everyone loves on vortex. The sportmaxx wheels. What kind of fender work if any would i have to do. I really dont want to do any fender work at all so that is why i was thinking 15s. What else am i not thinking of with this.
Oh yeah and what tire size would help with the 16s to not have to pull fenders. i dont mind the baseball bat to the fender lips i just dont want to have to bring it to a shop as i dont even know if i am going to keep the car. this is going to get me through the summer. the car is a mk 3.5 cabrio with vmaxx coils.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Re: mk3.5 cabby (goneeuro)

out.
now.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts

Save yourself the trouble and just edit your post.. sportmax will never look good regardless of offset. That being said you want to run 15s so you dont have to pull fenders.. meaning there will be more fender gap. Do yourself a big favor.. save up for another 5 mos and get some decent wheels with liveable offsets so you dont have to do non repairable damage for junk wheels. A set of bbs rxs come to mind.. A nice 16 with a 205 40 16 with a 35 offset would be a great setup for one who does not want to pull fenders.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

Edit: Didn't read it right.
Listen to Pineapplegti. You won't regret it.

Modified by InfamousHB at 11:42 PM 1-5-2009

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would it be alright to do 16x8 et15 all the way around. and i just found a h&r cup kit i am going to pick up instead of the coils. 2in in front 1.7in rear.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Re: (goneeuro)

Quote, originally posted by goneeuro »
would it be alright to do 16x8 et15 all the way around. and i just found a h&r cup kit i am going to pick up instead of the coils. 2in in front 1.7in rear.

No it will look like ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts