VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are the pics of what i have completed so far. i was able to modify the mk2 column to work with the mk3 dash. need some help with the climate controls. im using the mk2 box and it is currently controlled by vaccum. can anyone tell me how to switch to the mk3 cable controls. and i need the wiring pinouts on the mk2 harness so i can wire up the clocks. sorry picts are a little fuzzy forgot my digi cam and had to use my phone, more pics next weekend.

time for a beek more and better picks next weekend

Modified by vwvtechkilla at 4:55 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: mk3 dash swap started now for the hard part need some help (vwvtechkilla)

I just love the way the MK III dash looks in the Mk II, for sure post more pics of your project from your digi cam when you get more progress.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Re: mk3 dash swap started now for the hard part need some help (VRguy)

My car looks like your step 1, and my mk3 dash looks like yours not installed yet. How are you attaching the mk3 dash to the A2? Are you making brackets to hold it? As many detailed pics as you can take, will be very helpful to me

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: mk3 dash swap started now for the hard part need some help (Power5)

i used the mk2 bracket that bolts through the sides, just lined up and drilled some holes. got tto hit the junkyard saterday for the knee bar, so i can finish up. got to hurry my daily driver is dying fast.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: mk3 dash swap started now for the hard part need some help (vwvtechkilla)

I dont this about 4 years ago this was the right up I did,
http://www.pocketrocket.ca/mk3_dash.html
Its all been ripped out since and I may replace it with a Mk4 item if I can find a LHD version ( i'm in the UK )
Hope this helps, give me a shout if you get stuck on anything and I will see what I can remember.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: mk3 dash swap started now for the hard part need some help (89Rallye)

i have this printed out for reference, i need some help with the clocks, and climate controls, i seem to have hit a wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts