VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are mk3 drums bigger that my 82 rocco ones. could i put them on my rocco for some better stopping?insted of the disks.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: mk3 drums on a mk2 rocco? (impulse byer)

anyone?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Re: (--Klutched--)

Quote, originally posted by --Klutched-- »
If you are going to swap rear hardware, you might as well go with discs, plus they look way cooler.

BINGO. but who cares how they look? if you wanted the look, i guess you would actually want the bigger drums so you could paint em yellow. thats what all the kids these days are doing.
p.s. dont paint the rotors...it doesnt work very well

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Re: mk3 drums on a mk2 rocco? (impulse byer)

Quote, originally posted by impulse byer »
are mk3 drums bigger that my 82 rocco ones. could i put them on my rocco for some better stopping?insted of the disks.

Someone did that in the past, with good success, but I dont know whom unfortunatly. I do beleive he used MKII GOLF GTI 8v rear drums though not MKIII.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Re: mk3 drums on a mk2 rocco? (ATS)

Im going to chime in on this one....If Im not wrong the Drums in a fox Wagon (and it has to be a wagon) are bigger and and also an even swap....maybe they are the same??But I do know for a fact that the fox wagon drums are larger than the fox sedan. so Check it out it maybe a way to increase stoping with out going to the disk and making this a simple swap.....
Please let me know if you do it!
Cheers
Neptuno

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: mk3 drums on a mk2 rocco? (Neptuno)

thanx guys
don't really need the disks and don't want to swap all the other stuff to make them work right.besides can't see them through the wheels anyway.but i am going to do the rear brakes in the spring so if it would work,it wont cost any more to upgrade it was worth looking into.

And i am going to use fox wagon drums and hardware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts