VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MK3 EXHAUST HELP WITH MY REAR LIP, NEED ADVICE

Hey everyone, I have the real valance lip by Wings West, and was wondering who has it if they could help me out!! Want to know if you had to mod the piping or the lip or does it just fit fine with the catback, and which exhaust do you have with it!! Christmas is coming and I need to know which one to get that will fit perfectly!! Thanks in advance, pics would help to!!
Danielle

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: MK3 EXHAUST HELP WITH MY REAR LIP, NEED ADVICE (VdubInIt96)

i dont have one...but you shouldnt need anythign...it should come with everythign necessary for you to just paint and throw on...i think youll be fine if you dont do any thing like DTM tips...if you do like oval..or two sqaure ones you should be good....as the dtm ones migth be put on to short...and witll hit the top of the rear piece.......my advice is get the rear piece on then put the tips on...so you can make sure there is no rubbing or anything...good luck

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: MK3 EXHAUST HELP WITH MY REAR LIP, NEED ADVICE (Euro Flavor)

YEAH I HAVE THE LIP ON ALREADY AND THE STOCK EXHAUST ALMOST STARTED TO MELT IT BUT GOT IT WELDED DOWN FOR NOW, WHAT ABOUT THE NEUSPEED DUAL TIPS WITH THAT BE TO WIDE????

·
Banned
5,873 Posts

hey lady, wuzzuup.
your caps are on

my buddy has a 97 de with the WWkit and the neuspeed zaust. and it's fine.

sounds mean as hell too!!!!

edit, hang on, i gotz a pic....

[Modified by VolkSchnell-GTI, 6:42 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
4,310 Posts

I have the WW kit on mine. I'm running a Brüllen muffler with twin 4" tips. The can is HUGE!
All I had to do was lower the muffler a little to give it some clearance (about ½") between the tips and the rear valance. I also fabricated an aluminum heat shield to give it a little extra protection. I'd post some pics but my car is still at Dubwerks getting boost.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts

Mine is pretty damn loud. Think about it... no suit case + Brüllen with 2 4" tips!
I think it is, sometimes even too loud, but other people have commented that its the meanest sounding exhaust to come out of a car with less than 8 cylinders.

·
Banned
5,873 Posts
Re: MK3 EXHAUST HELP WITH MY REAR LIP, NEED ADVICE (ALPHAQGTI)

Danielle, the Neuspeed is VERY loud.
also depending on how you drive.
real throaty, has a lot of growl to it.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
if i did it again, i would get the N-speed instead of TT
but TT is very affordable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.