VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking a for the door trim for the 96 golf cant seem to locate any decent ones or a seller other then ebay. any suggestions or should i just fill em in

·
Registered
87 Posts
Most salvage yards do not even attempt to inventory their trim pieces because 1) there are too many subtly different options and 2) trim is extremely subject to wear and tear.

eBay is likely your best bet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I couldn't really find any options for my mk3 either... it seems your best bet might be to refurb what you have? I just got some double sided sticky automotive gorilla tape stuff so that I can make sure the one on mine that is loose doesn't fall off...

If its completely missing, I haven't really found a good resource for this... I've contemplated filling mine in for a more "modern" look, but I'm not particularly proficient with bodywork. My understanding though is with how deep you'd need to fill it, any kind of body filler that you'd use would wind up cracking because of how thick you'd have to lay it on. Maybe you could figure out how to weld in a patch along the side? I'm not sure how that would work with the thin sheet metal of the door panels, and potentially stuff behind it... >_>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts