VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
ok im having an issue with my 2.0 it doesnt pick up at all until 3500rpms and the engine is really loud before 3500rpms and i have changed the Cap & Rotor, spark plugs & wires, I cant get the problem it seems like the car is going to shut off when i start moving in 1st gear so you have to hit the gas really hard to make it move and then it still doesnt move. Anyone know of anything like this? Please help me out.
rJ

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (coffee_crave)

If you cant get it into first change the tranny oil i changed mine shifts smooth. and check your clutch. my engine drops rpms really fast and it seems like the engine cant breath. you know anything about that?
Please help me out anyone

· Registered
649 Posts
Re: (Rj_b)

your cat may be clogged, and that is causing a buildup of backpressure in the cylinders and not allowing them to breathe, hence the sluggishness from the car. if it is clogged you may be able to smell a rotten egg smell from your tailpipe. the other option is either raplacing it or remove and bang out the insides.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (cliff hopper)

this happened a while after i did the work on it and mine does it when i have a full tank the only thing i can think of is the cat, thanks for giving me the idea im going to take my cat down tomorrow i will update the forum soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.