VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I decided to remove my cruise control module today to send it in, in exchange for a rebuilt one I purchased on eBay. When I went to drop the relay/fuse block I noticed some connections were not connected. Is this normal? My first thought was perhaps they are for the GTI with a rear wiper? Not sure but this doesn't look like a factory wiring job lol. I'm sure the previous owner might have done some work considering my vehicle has an aftermarket stereo. Would this affect the MFA at all? Ever since I purchased the car about 2 months ago I've never seen the MFA computer function work. Also this morning I didn't intentionally try to use the anti-lock system but I honestly almost ran a stop and when I went to hit the brakes my tires locked completely and the car kept sliding forward. My fuses don't seem to match the numbers/amperage according to the manual. Everything else works perfectly fine. And I don't have any lights illuminated on my dashboard. Does anyone have a good fuse diagram or chart? The owners manual one is garbage and the one on the eBahn program from Bentley publishers doesn't help much either. Maybe I'm just not familiar with the system. Any and all help is much appreciated. And thank you for your patience guys! This high school boy can be an idiot sometimes lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
They may not all be used. The blue connector looks like the one used for automatics.
Shift indicator display.
If it is... and your car is manual... then you don't need it,

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
the connectors themselves dont help a lot w/o knowing the wire colors; but as was already said - it's normal to have unused connectors. VW was known to make one main harness to use for a lot of options, so if your car doesnt have some options you just have unused plugs. At my fuse box, I have about 8 unused plugs; I know some of them are for MFA functions (I don't have an MFA cluster or stalk, so I don't care); some were for cruise control, some for power/heated mirror hookups, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts