VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever swap mk3 jetta headlights and grill for mk2 round headlights and grill i have jetta vr6 mk3 i want to run 4 rounds in front any suggestions

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Re: mk3 to mk2 grill headlight swap (bambam2382)

Why not look to buy ABT or hella dual round headlights for a mkIII?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Me too.

I also wanted to have that mk2 dual look on my mk3 golf, but in all the reading I've done, it looks as if the only SIMPLE solution is the ABT/Hella dual rounds. Which, yeah, they're not cheap, but considering the work we'd have to do to do an actual conversion, I'd say it's worth it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
SWAP

^^^ Hey I just bought a mkIII Wolfsburg ed. 2.0L White Jetta and I want to do the mkII grille and lights swap soo bad I was just wondering if you could e-mail me with details of how to go about doing that? My e-mail is [email protected] Hope to hear from you soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this same question, because I actually really like the look of the round headlights in the mk2's, but I have a mk3 (cabrio). I actually found this tutorial while looking around for information on the swap...

It seems I can't post the link, because the forum rules say that I need to have 5 posts first, but it was a blogpost at onefallinghope-dot-com... I guess if I end up making more posts than this one, I'll have to come back and add the link... -_-

I know this is a super old thread at this point, but maybe someone will find this useful. Not sure quite yet if I'll do it, seems like a lot of parts to change over, but it could be worth it with that look... =D

I see some weird fitment issues in the corners... maybe there's a way to massage those out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts