1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 1.8t (from my knowledge has a firing order of:
(firing order) 1-3-4-2

(cyl physical position) 1-2-3-4

1 is closest to the timing belt and 2 is on the other end of the motor.

If i want to connect the primary exhaust tubes that while one is on the compression stroke, the other is on the exhaust stroke- which ones am I connecting?

2003 audi tt 225 quattro motor.

Thanks in advance- I don't know why I can't rap my head around this one this morning.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
being a 1.8"T", I have to assume you are building a turbo manifold, at which point, I am then assuming you are running a t3/t4, "undivided" turbo, for which makes no difference where each tube is since they are exiting through the same port

·
Registered
224 Posts
@Lilnipper - Hey man I would be curious to see your work/results, please post any updates you can or progress that has been made. I am working on building a header for my 1.8t as well. Unless you are actually building a tubular turbo manifold as Zold is speaking about. I plan to start on it as soon as I can get a flange cut an some material to work with. You see I am working on a twin screw 20v setup, and not only need to fabricate a means for an exhaust manifold but want to build it into a 4 into 1 race header with no cat. More than likely built closely around the style and dimensions of the Techtonics Tuning 16v race header. As I have been nothing but pleased with the results of that unit. Hopefully all I would really need to do is have a flange cut to match the 1.8t head, cut the runners out of my current header (or in my case mirror the design out of stainless as my 16v header is carbon steel.) I would even consider slightly increasing the diameter of the individual primaries if I can get my hands on an AEB (large port) head. If I cant locate one for use at a decent price in time I will continue to use my small port head, this is something that I want to try to stay away from doing as at some point I believe it will quickly become a bottle neck in my induction system.

Aside from that I would like to build a dual plenum intake to fit the motor as well as a few other goodies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts