VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a headlight replacement suggestion for Sarge '2002 VW Golf,..ish'. (SMYTH UTE) I have a set of aftermarket projector headlights that work 65.27% of the time, no 'fog light' and the high beams are a flood light bulb. Work great for shining in the trees and underneath bridges but SUCK for actually a high beam. They are a Glass lens and I have the protective film on them as well.
There are so many headlights out there but what is the best set to get? I am just tempted to go OEM stuff and get good Sylvania bulbs.
Please let me know your suggestions, I am sick of not being able to see at night and i put 30K miles a year on this thing. THANK YOU!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
11,038 Posts
I was really happy with Ecodes and glass lenses. Simple but a nice upgrade from stock.

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Reactions: fullerfoto

· Registered
60 Posts
Guessing that there are no E-codes with a clear turn signal lens? I thought that was one cool feature of the US GTI headlights. I know, it doesn't make them work any better, just looks cleaner with the lights off. Also, are these plug and play for a US market car, or are the electrical connections different? thanks!

Edit: is there a how-to out there to enable the rear fog light as well? Car has had a euro headlight switch from new as when I owned it previously I was doing night work at secure government facilities and the guards hate it when you roll up to the shack with your headlights on, the parking light position was important.

· Registered
04 24v GTI, 02 Jetta TDI, 76 Scorpion
7,975 Posts
generally, yes. I can't speak to changing them on aftermarket lights but if I recall they're held in with a single screw that you get at from the back. I also would like to do this to mine, as my 2001 had em and I like the look..

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

· Registered
653 Posts
Guessing that there are no E-codes with a clear turn signal lens? I thought that was one cool feature of the US GTI headlights. I know, it doesn't make them work any better, just looks cleaner with the lights off. Also, are these plug and play for a US market car, or are the electrical connections different? thanks!
Actually E-codes come with clear turn signal lens. I am enclosing a photo below to prove it. The E-code headlight is plug and play swap for US market car. They are held by four screw two upper and two lower. The only issue I can see with the swap is if your new headlight is with fog light and there were no fog lights installed on your car from factory.

Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts