VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, like the topic says, in a different thread i mentioned installing a MK4 head gasket on a 93 VR6 corrado. people seem conflicted on wether you are supposed to use gasket sealer with the metal head gasket. thanks in advance. -Mike

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Mk4 HG, use gasket sealant or not? (KingVR)

Hey kingVR, you've done this yourself to your car? Just curious, i do not feel like pulling the head off a 2nd time. Just want to be sure. Thanks.-Mike

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: Mk4 HG, use gasket sealant or not? (The DarkSide)

NO SEALANT. THE REASON BEING IS SEALANT CAN SPREAD AROUND AND CLOG UP AN OIL PASSAGE WAY ETC. ETC.. LIKE THE MAN SAID " JUST SLAP IT ON AND GO". YOU WILL BE FINE. JUST MAKE SURE TO TORQUE THE HEAD BOLTS TO THE RIGHT SPECIFICATION.

[Modified by rogergti, 8:56 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
266 Posts
Re: Mk4 HG, use gasket sealant or not? (rogergti)

cooh. Sounds good. Out of curiosity. Right next to the main oil feed, right below it is a hole, it had a rubber gasket in it, do we replace this? there is like a screw inside it. Hard to describe.
hey roger, this is Mike, we've met several times before, i had that green SLC and before that the RED G60. Got an MR2 now, sold the Raddo to my Gf. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

pretty good. My mr2 is having its own problems. Its knocking pretty badly. Prolly a stuck or leaking injector.
Know anything about that small rubber gasket i mentioned above?

·
Registered
245 Posts

not off the top of my head, but, i'll check with my head tech and get back to you in a bit

·
Registered
245 Posts

from what i was told you shouldn't have to mess with this. better off just leaving it alone

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

cooh. Thanks for the help. Ours came off, so i guess will put it back in. Thanks again for the help,think we will be putting the head back on tonight. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts