VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
My Mk4 lights have finally arrived in the mail!
I'm so excited to install them. Anyone know exactly how the wiring goes? I bought the kit from PGPERFORMANCE and it comes with a socket adapter. However, I have no idea how to do the actual wiring (which wire goes where). Any help would be great. I checked the pocket rocket site for install instructions, but the wiring isn't too detailed. I've got the 2 wiring sockets (into the headlight) 8 blue grommets (?), 4 wire terminals and 2 metal clip thingys. Please help!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Re: Mk4 Lights Wiring - Please help! (meatypopsicle)

You should have: yellow wires, blue rubber gormets, and black adapter plug.
Place yellow wire into 1 of the four places on the back of the adapter. Make sure that the end of the wire is exposed, and is touching the metal contact of the adapter. Slide rubber gormet through yellow wire and into the adapter to secure wire in place.
The gold jumper's are to run your high beams + low beams all at once. have no idea where they go.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Mk4 Lights Wiring - Please help! (Goobery69)

Wow!
That helps a lot, thanks very much.
the yellow wires have these metal tips on the end, I guess those plug (?) directly into the current harness? What I'm scared about is how to actually wire these up as well too. I'm not sure where ground goes, where high, low go and so forth when I plug these babies in.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Re: Mk4 Lights Wiring - Please help! (Goobery69)

Sounds like someone decided against going the easy route and getting the kit from Matt @Evolution. Comes w/everything PLUS typed out instructions. I think I would have gone insane if I didn't know what was what! Oh yeah, when connecting the new female connectors to the headlamp wires, you only hook up 3 of them, not 4. One of the headlamp wires that was on the high-beam is un-needed. You also have to tap into a parking lamp wire to hook up the city-light. I'm too lazy to go out to my car and get the instructions from Evolution.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Mk4 Lights Wiring - Please help! (germanrox)

quote:[HR][/HR]Sounds like someone decided against going the easy route and getting the kit from Matt @Evolution. Comes w/everything PLUS typed out instructions. I think I would have gone insane if I didn't know what was what! [HR][/HR]​
Thanks Goobery and germanrox. The reason I did get it from PGPerformance was cause they had that deal which included the badgeless Grille and eyelids for a good price. I didn't realize there would be no wiring instructions. Now I'm left to figure out which wire on the car is high, parking and low. Hey Goobery, when you mean top-left clockwise, do you mean facing the front of the socket, or the back (as in where the goes into)? Listen guys, thanks for all the help. This site rocks!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

quote:[HR][/HR] I'm too lazy to go out to my car and get the instructions from Evolution.[HR][/HR]​
Aww.. cmon. please?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.