VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
noticed that my passanger side in the rear is much lower then the driver side.
idk if its the spring or the shock so i was gonna test with stock springs but i only have GLI stock springs.... will tHE gli springs fit for the test?

DRIVER SIDE

PASSANGER SIDE

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can tell u its not the shock. Its the springs that hold the weight of the car and determine its height. Have you tried adjusting the spring collars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah just put kw springs on and they are all the way Down as in just the shock and spring no adjustments able to be made and I still have the same problem :mad:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i tried new springs that didnt work, i tried new springs with nothing else boltedup (no shocks or sway bar) and it was still off by just over 1/4 inch :banghead:

oh, and here is something interesting... if i put the springs in the "correct" way (small end of spring up and larger end on bottom) it reises my car up t oalmost stock height ... so my springs have to be upside down to lower the car :sly:

is there something im missing/over looking?

do they make adjustable swaybar end links for problems like this?

if anyone can halp me with thing i will personally hand you a pack of gum at fixxfest... tempting i know

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Well, let's start with me not knowing anything about R32s. I'm making an assumption they are like the regular MK4 FWDs.

Unsure what you are running for coil overs, but often times on the rear shocks there is a c-clip on the shock. This is what the lower perch would sit on. so, if the C-clip is at a different hight on one vs. the other, this could account for the difference.

If this is not the case, take a really close look at the mounting mounts of everything. Is the upper perch or mounting points look exactly the same on each side?

Are the springs trully the same height and rate? As menthioned above... the spring determines the ride height (but you need to ensure they are mounted properly).

Some things to think about. Photos of what you have might be good also.

Best of luck
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.