VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I currently own a Vw golf GTI with a 1.8t. I have owned it for two years an have fell in love with this car! I have had a couple ideas for it an I just don't know if I should just not do it an buy an r32. I know it's a dumb question cause obvi the R is way better all around, v6, AWD, suspension, brakes, interior everything! But what it comes down to for me is if I put an gt28 in my 1.8 obvi with all the supporting hardware would it be worth it in the end. Cause the boost would be insane an it would only cost less then 10,000 no labour.. But then with the r32 I could start with exhaust intake intercooler the starter pack... Aha but I looked into turbos and super chargers for the R an it is ridiculous amount of money just to get the turbo. Then I would have to build the block to handle all the power! To be honest I feel like the 1.8t would be cheaper to get performance. I could do an awd drive conversion under 2 grand an even if it cost more it's only 12 grand so far an I got a AWD golf 1.8T with a gt28 500hp+. An just to buy an r32 in Canada I would have to pay 15-18 grand. An then timing chain an all the stuff I would have to replace to make it up to 500hp would be insane)$$$$$$$! Any body got any advice that could make the decision easier?? Thanks for taking the time to read this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An this is what happens when someone asked a question on Vw vortex.... Still the same old ****! Nvm I'm just going to put rims an cold Air we're all good and some
Camber omg the scene points would be insane! Aha dumb ****s all you care about

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But thanks for the help guys! You GLI thanks you have a gt35 in your car an you can't even give me some advice on this you obvi didn't build it your self! an obvi it's bagged right scene points it's what it's all about ****ing loser

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
But thanks for the help guys! You GLI thanks you have a gt35 in your car an you can't even give me some advice on this you obvi didn't build it your self! an obvi it's bagged right scene points it's what it's all about ****ing loser

it will all cost the same at the end, both motors need to be built and its up to you if you want AWD or not. :screwy::screwy:

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
You aren't making 500 horse with a gt28. Told you that already.

And you aren't doing an 4motion conversion for 2k. That would barely get you all the parts.

And you clearly didnt put any research into VRs. In the stock form, the block handles much more power compared to a 20v.

You don't put intercoolers on a car that's not forced induction...

You need to do a lot of research dude.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I came to the vortex today hoping to see something good and instead I see this.... :facepalm:

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
It has been a very long time since I was in elementary school, but did they stop teaching grammar ???
There was a fairly large movement to change the English language into a simpler, more efficient language. The movement wants to change to more phonetic spellings. It's been happening for decades but not fast and consistent enough. For instance we spell color yet other English countries still uses colour. It's a rather profound idea that one day English could just change. I think it makes sense to make the language more consistent like Spanish and Italian. Will it every happen with a flick of a switch? Nope.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.