VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm in the process of tuning my suspension for Auto-X use. Currently I'm running H&R coilovers (not the RSS). After talking to someone at Turner motorsport to order springs he said I'd need to modify my upper perch to fit a replacement 60mm ID spring.

Has anyone done this and what does it entail? I'm tempted to just order the springs and then figure it out but if someone knows it would save me some time and money.

As another option, does anyone know if I can just buy the RSS springs? Not sure how different the valving is between all the H&R models but I'd be game to try it out.

Thanks.

-Jim.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
It would be far simpler to go with a proven component from Ground Control. Using a dual spring setup, a helper spring and a main spring, you can pick the rate and spring length you need to match your requirements while using a helper spring to keep the system seated. A properly sized helper will fit right into the factory OEM rubber perch.

This setup will be pricier than ordering 2 springs, as 4 springs and 2 adapters must be ordered, but it is far superior in keeping the spring seated and allowing for easy corner balacing and spring swaps. I have run this setup for a number of years with both a standard perch and an articulating perch.

Contact reflexgti here on the boards for more information and pricing.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks.

I completely forgot about Ground Control for some reason. Just running the rear setup they offer with a higher rate would would perfectly I think.

-Jim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts