VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 GTI GLX. The intake makes a loud sucking noise when you rev up the engine. It also makes this noise when you push it hard and shift. It dosent seem to effect the drivability of the car and has been doing it sice the car was new. I was wondering if this is common on MK4 vr6's. Is anyone else familiar with what I am talking about?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: MK4 VR6 Intake Noise (germanrox)

It isnt a constant noise as the intake sucking in air for combustion. Its a momentary noise that is there only at the first dip into the trottle. Is this normal on MK4 VR6's because of the variabl intake set up?
2001 GTIGLX...GIAC

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Re: MK4 VR6 Intake Noise (CTGTIGLXVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]It isnt a constant noise as the intake sucking in air for combustion. Its a momentary noise that is there only at the first dip into the trottle. Is this normal on MK4 VR6's because of the variabl intake set up?
2001 GTIGLX...GIAC[HR][/HR]​
it's completly normal..if you blip the throttle it takes a gasp..now go get an open element and listen to the resonace @ 3000rpm..brorororororraraararapapppp

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: MK4 VR6 Intake Noise (corpsedub)

totally normal sound. when I first drove my vr6, after selling my gti 8v, I thought I had a turbo for a minute, I couldn't believe the breathing sound...now with my intake, I'm addicted to it....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.