VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3467 Posts

·
18,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the recent increase in threads regarding what size adapters/spacers and tire sizes to run. I thought one master thread would help cut down on so many threads regarding some of the similar questions.
This isn't another thread asking you to post your car and your specs. It's more of a thread to have information regarding the same type of subject in one place. Since so many people aren't sure what is needed to help them get the stance they need please answer the questions below so that we can help you.

Wheel Size:
Width (F & R):
Offset (F & R):

It may also be beneficial to supply your cars height, but I know not everyone had their numbers and would need to measure. Once you have supplied those 3 pieces of information we will be able to tell you what size adapters/spacers & tires will work best (in our own personal opinion). And should you be looking to change lips/barrels, most people on the forum know how to calculate the math to figure out what the new offset would be. For those who don't know, I would suggest looking through Calvins thread here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4256707

If you need adapter sizes, please post the bolt pattern and center bore of the wheel you are looking to adapt.

For most stock mk4s people run 5,8, or 10mm front and 15,17.5,20mm for the rear. Lets not clog this thread up with questions asking about stock mk4 wheels since that info has been covered a ton of times already and can easly be found in the archives.

Another helpful thread regarding offsets is Dragon813gt's thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3318328

Please visit the Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index for pictures and details of cars on all wheel diameters, widths and offsets. You may find what you need before having to write a post. But if not, feel free to ask for help! Link to thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5661012-Mk4-Wheel-Offset-and-Stance-Picture-Index

Credit to Travy for creating the original thread. :wave:

·
18,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You misspelled 'wheel' in your first post ;):thumbup:
Blame Travy, I just cut and pasted. :p

17"x7.5" B5 Audi S4 Avus wheels:
235/45/17
ET45 front and rear
How do you want them to sit in the fenders? Tuck, flush, poke? How low will you be? Those tires are larger than the 225/45 17 that come stock on Mk. IVs. 235/45 17 is Audi size.

·
Registered
444 Posts
OK, I'm sure it's prolly posted on here somewhere but the previous wheels/offset thread was 60p long!!
So i'll be running 18" 8w front 9w rear et35 all around w/205/40 front and 215/40 rear
Sitting on coils and really just need to clear the front so I can drop it a little more.....might tuck the front if not run the fender flush w/the top of the tire. The rear I don't mind a little poke but same thing, I want basically visually see the car from the side sitting pretty much flush to the top of the tires, maybe a little front rake. Soooo....wondering what to do spacer wise? Any help would be cool, Thanks!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Blame Travy, I just cut and pasted. :p

How do you want them to sit in the fenders? Tuck, flush, poke? How low will you be? Those tires are larger than the 225/45 17 that come stock on Mk. IVs. 235/45 17 is Audi size.
I would really like them to be flush and I wanna be as low as possible without having an rubbing or other issues. Would 20mm front and 25mm rear be ok?

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
I'm running stock rx2's. Which are 16x6.5 with 42mm offset.
I lowered my car so the fender to ground is 23.75 and the locks on the coilovers started rubbing my tires. I raised it back up but I prefer it at 23.75. What size spacer will I need to move it away from that lock? Will 10mm be enough?

·
Registered
28,811 Posts
I'm running stock rx2's. Which are 16x6.5 with 42mm offset.
I lowered my car so the fender to ground is 23.75 and the locks on the coilovers started rubbing my tires. I raised it back up but I prefer it at 23.75. What size spacer will I need to move it away from that lock? Will 10mm be enough?
10mm will be good, yes

·
Registered
754 Posts
FV-QR

I am looking at getting new wheels soon and would like to know what will fit without spacers. I am looking at 18" wheels and hope to be at just under 24" FTG. What offsets are needed to clear coils if looking at 7.5, 8, and 8.5 inch wide wheels?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 3467 Posts