VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just pulled the rear bags(airlift slam series double bellow) off my 2011 tiguan 4 motion. Had a bag blow last Sunday at about 80mph in a tunnel so you can imagine a little bit of a rocky ride. I aired up the 2 fronts and rear passenger and essentially drove out of the tunnel 3 wheel motion. Once I pulled over I found the drivers rear bag had a hole worn through and I hadn’t really noticed anything on the passenger side but I ordered both bags for good measure. Pulled both tears today and found both are rubbing in the rear subframe when fully aired out. Ew bags in and everything is working fine but I need to figure out how I’m gonna dress it moving forward and I’m wondering if anyone else( I’m sure people are) having this problem and what they’ve done to address it whether nothing the rear subframe for clearance or massaging it in with an air hammer? Looking for ideas and maybe pics if anyone has any to share, notched the frame rail on a previous rabbit to air out fully, not necessary on my tig beings it’s 4 motion but I can cut and weld the subframe if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.