VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first step. Parts needed.
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html
We are looking for any how to's until we get a chance to make our own.
Give me feedback. It's 2AM and I just put in a 17 hour work day so there is a small chance I may have miss spelled something.

Modified by [email protected] at 2:27 PM 3-5-2008

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: MK5 aftermarket radio installation guide for Eos GTI Jetta Passat & R32 ([email protected])

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Re: MK5 aftermarket radio installation guide for Eos GTI Jetta Passat & R32 (Trade-N-Games)

christian,
i have brought this back from the dead because i need a how-to. i can do anything with pictures, leave me to guess, and im sure my radio will be wired to my ebrake and my ipod to my clutch.
i want to give enfig my money, but i need the confidence i can actually do this first.
-2.slo

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: MK5 aftermarket radio installation guide for Eos GTI Jetta Passat & R32 (2.sloGTI)

I have been looking for one too but the only thing I got is how to pull the radio in the FAQ under the dension install.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Re: MK5 aftermarket radio installation guide for Eos GTI Jetta Passat & R32 ([email protected])

I have a 2008 GLI and plan on installing a pioneer Avic D3. Which of the 2 trim kits do you recommend... The American International VW-K1017 Or the Volkswagen 1K0 857 850 3X1... Please note that I would like to use the trim kit that makes the radio as fluch as possible.

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: MK5 aftermarket radio installation guide for Eos GTI Jetta Passat & R32 (tsots_leo)

The OEM one will not work with the D3.

·
Banned
7,047 Posts

bumping a dead thread for relevant info.
I have an 07 jetta (06.5 maybe?)
it has this head unit. i guess that's the "premium 7"

I would like to be able to use my iPhone's (3G) Pandora Radio feature.
I am only concerned with aux input, controlling the tracks from the phone and the volume from the stereo independently is not a big problem to me. However, if there are any capabilities for controlling the iPod feature of the phone from the HU, that would be a bonus. I'd also like the adapter to charge the phone. My previous setup was an archaic phono to phono aux input, but this HU does not offer that on the face.
What do I need to buy?

14 Posts
The Peripheral electronics PXAMG will do what you want. It will play all your apps through the 30 pin iPod connector and charge it as well as being able to be controlled through the radio if you want. I have it in my 08' Touareg and love it. There is going to be a bluetooth adaptor for it as well and that should be available in a month or so for like $99

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone know where to find detailed instructions (preferably with pictures) on stereo removal and installation? Just want to make sure I know what I'm doing so I don't break anything...
Talked to a VW tech today, he said that if you're using a regular wiring harness without CANbus interface, you can run the accessory wire to [the back of] the cigarette lighter, since the factory wire harness apparently does not have a provision for this.
Edit: Google is my friend...I found this.
Another edit: If you've installed an aftermarket head unit in your 2005 or newer VW, and you didn't use the CANbus adapter, let me know how you wired the ignition and accessory wires, as the factory radio harness does not have this. I'm thinking either the fusebox, or for shorter wire run, the cigarette lighter.

Modified by Socal87 at 5:19 PM 9-15-2009

·
Banned
7,047 Posts
Re: ([email protected] Audio Lodi)

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] Audio Lodi »
The Peripheral electronics PXAMG will do what you want. It will play all your apps through the 30 pin iPod connector and charge it as well as being able to be controlled through the radio if you want.

does this disable the factory SAT option like the DICE unit does?
also, i'm new to mk5's and found the phono input the other day, so i'm using that currently. it works ok, so does anyone have any idea whether i could use a universal ipod interface like the PIE RCA-iPD and wire the RCA outputs to the phono input? also, does the CAN-BUS freak out if you add a load to it, like attaching the wires for charging the ipod to the cigarette lighter socket?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts