Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope you like poke and stretch.
found this on the e38 forums. i think it looks amazing, how is it that LMs work so well on any car you put them on?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Definately looks great in profile... but how exactly is that driveable? Seems like the rear tires are to skinny for the wheels themselves.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Re: mk5 gti on 19" LMs (FthElemnt)

Those work well as long as you don't plan on turning
Pull them fenders and that would be a sick setup. Though LMs are a little played in my book.

Modified by Todeshandler at 9:42 AM 3-3-2006

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Re: mk5 gti on 19" LMs (Mr. Rabboto)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Rabboto »

Like a fiddle.

I like fiddles keep playing them. Some things never get old to me.
I like all the tools laying around the car in the photo. Just could not wait to get the photo.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Re: mk5 gti on 19" LMs (FthElemnt)

That sucks! Those are what I've been looking for! I would have to have a different offset. I need to be able to drive the car daily. Played out or not still look good to me!

·
Registered
19,751 Posts
Re: mk5 gti on 19" LMs (Chameleon2)

Quote, originally posted by Chameleon2 »

The term "played" is itself, played out.
Not to mention meaningless.
LM's are very hot; there are 18" replicas for sale in the 5x112 classifieds which I would have bought if it had the correct ET for the new GTI.

Hahaha, and those replicas are even hotter.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Re: (QUIK_MK4)

Quote, originally posted by QUIK_MK4 »
In my opinion, BBS wheels will never be played out....nice pics...i've always loved those wheels.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
135 Posts
This may be a lame question, but unless that guy is on hydro's or bags, isn't he going to be chewing through tires like a mofo that low? Looks great from the side, but doesn't seem practical.

·
Registered
19,751 Posts
Re: (Chameleon2)

There is no doubt that BBS are some of the best wheels on the planet but after seeing the same wheel on 3 generations of VW'S, I think it's time for people to get a little more creative, that's all.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Re:

Bottom line, if you like them, put them on the car.
IMO, "played out" is a term people use when they worry about what other people think.

Getting back to the initial poster, do you know what size/offset those are?
I intend on putting LM's on my car but don't like too much poke.

·
Registered
19,751 Posts
Re: Re: (cursed)

Quote, originally posted by cursed »

IMO, "played out" is a term people use when they worry about what other people think.

That's funny, I think it's exactly the opposite, the people who care about what others think get all butt hurt when somebody doesn't agree with them. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (onthevirg)

Quote, originally posted by onthevirg »
This may be a lame question, but unless that guy is on hydro's or bags, isn't he going to be chewing through tires like a mofo that low? Looks great from the side, but doesn't seem practical.

I'm going to take a "wild guess" that they aren't the wheels he rides on, but likely someone elses from a different car that they threw on just to see what it would look like (or if it could work). See the other wheels sitting around?
I did the same thing with my friends OZ Superlagerra III's that are on his B7 A4. They poked a good 2 inches on the front, unfortunately.
*edit*
Like this. From the angle shot it makes it look like there's even more wheel gap, but it's actuall the poke of the wheel creating that illusion:

Modified by VWYankee at 11:10 AM 3-3-2006

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.