VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MK5 Jetta and GTI can have issues related to the door latches. Most commonly this will manifest itself with intermitent alarm issues or a door latch that will not properly operate. We put together an article explaining this in a little more detail which can be found below. We also have great DIY write ups that show you how to replace the front and rear door latch or lock modules on the MK5 platform. This should be a complete solution to help you with any of your lock or alarm woes on you VW MK5 GTI or Jetta
MK5 Jetta and GTI Door Lock Problems Info HERE
MK5 Drivers Front Door Latch DIY
MK5 Drivers Rear Door Latch DIY

MK5 Jetta 2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010 Latch Assemblies

MK5 GTI 2006-2007-2008-2009 Latch Assemblies

·
Registered
15 Posts
The rear left door module on my car started failing and now the door won't open anymore. Now vagcom is saying that the right front and rear are now intermittent and I think they will fail soon. I ordered a new rear left module but I plan to order backups for all the one on the way out.

·
Vendor
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rear left door module on my car started failing and now the door won't open anymore. Now vagcom is saying that the right front and rear are now intermittent and I think they will fail soon. I ordered a new rear left module but I plan to order backups for all the one on the way out.
If you have an intermittent fault it would be electrical and you should think about replacing them as they will likely fail more often as time goes on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.