VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just put them on. Cars dirty, so blah
. Love these things, like the look it gives. If anyone else wants them, I wanted to share the information, I got them from TMTuning.com and they're a great place. Very curtious. They came painted very well.

Thanks TMTuning!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote, originally posted by Keybordem »
Looks good, how much extra was it to have them paint them?

$45 dollars for painting.
Quote, originally posted by wgriffiths2000 »
Look great wish they did not have to be apoxyed on

I didn't use the glue provided. I talked with TMTuning and they recommended 3M Automotive Tape. So I went and found some good double-sided 3M Automotive tape (OEM-Approved) for body and side moldings and I used that. Worked very well. I put them on, and in 40 minutes I was heading down to Virginia Beach, VA.

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Re: MK5 Jetta Headlight Brows [via TMTuning.com] (undeniable)

Quote, originally posted by undeniable »

Never liked the jetta front end...but this eyebrow sure helps alot.
Anyone elese thinks it resembles a baby phaeton a bit from the front with a brow?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: MK5 Jetta Headlight Brows [via TMTuning.com] (cortezee)

Quote, originally posted by cortezee »
Man that looks really good I had these for my mkIV but would like to get them for my mkV, how much was the total painted ?

total painted, with shipping and applicable fees (TMTuning is from Germany), $140.43. I highly suggest using 3m automotive tape:
http://products3.3m.com/catalo..._html
when applying headlight brows, as TMTuning also recommneds.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: MK5 Jetta Headlight Brows [via TMTuning.com] (user name unknown)

Quote, originally posted by user name unknown »
They should come down more so they will be even with the bottom of the hood..

Yeah, good eye

Only one thing bad about the 3M is it is so quick to stick, I put it up just a little to high as you noticed, then went to correct and that sucker is on good.
I ended up liking the look (makes my hood look almost like a boser, and seems a little more suddle approach to headlight brows) and decided to be different. If it ends up bothering me I'll look into some kind of adhesive remover or whatnot. I just ended up liking the look, i'm
i know

Modified by undeniable at 8:33 AM 7-25-2005

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

yeah, i think i put them just slightly too high on the inside where you noticed them. not enough angle. but i ended up liking it like that, and the 3m automotive tape was so fast and strong i couldn't easily correct it. If I end up not liking it I'll just get some kind of tape adhesive remover, or however they can be removed w/o damaging them so I can try aligning them better. I like the look though, with less slant..so we'll see.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

oh, didn't see. man that means i'd have to remove my headlight brows and put them on the new smoked headlights
. I think I'll stay with stock on my particular color (blue graphite). I think smoked would make my car look dirty.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.