VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend and i want to make an exhaust for my mk5 rabbit but i need a blueprint from some other aftermarket exhaust to copy like magnaflow or something but i dont know where to find one i tried looking it up on the internet. Any ideas.

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Re: MK5 rabbit exhaust i need a blueprint for an aftermarket exhaust (ryanaa)

blueprint? just look under the car. only question to answer is do you want to do a resonator delete or not while making new system...

· Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: MK5 rabbit exhaust i need a blueprint for an aftermarket exhaust (darkk)

what gain would i get doing the resonator delete and how would i be certain that the new muffler would sound good and should i bump up all the exhaust piping in size.

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Re: MK5 rabbit exhaust i need a blueprint for an aftermarket exhaust (ryanaa)

I would suggest, if you are going to delete something, delete the muffler, its lame and probably more restrictive than a resonator. If you have ever actually seen the resonator its straight through with perforated piping. The muffler is probably a suit case maze. I enjoy the exhaust note that my car makes stock with a muffler delete.
Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
103 Posts
Re: MK5 rabbit exhaust i need a blueprint for an aftermarket exhaust (dubifyd)

Quote, originally posted by dubifyd »
i just got both the mufflers on my rabbit removed and it is the BOMB... all i have now is cat-resonator-staight pipe.... What a difference...

And if you ever have to get your car inspected, it fails. If for some reason ever a cop looks under your car, chances are there will be a ticket. Mufflers are on your car to lower the sound decibel and if not installed the vehicle can be ticketed. Next we will have some kid making a QQ thread about how some dumb cop gave him a ticket for 1) had blackout tail lights 2) Too loud of music....and it didnt stop there..gave him a ticket for having no muffler on his car.... I just look at these threads and think how stupid these ppl are.
Do not do a muffler delete, and if you are wanting to do a DIY for your exhaust, take your time and do it correctly and have all the proper tools to do the pipe bending and welding. I wouldnt suggest going over 3" pipe, and 2.5 will probably be more than enough. If you truly arent prepared to do this project or still unsure, just pay to have it done or buy a cat back, noones going to hate on you for it.

Modified by miamidubthing at 3:00 PM 8-6-2008

· Registered
3,719 Posts
2.5 from the manifold back, if you have to get the car inspected, get a high flow cat and a decent muffler. If you buy a cat and a muffler and your buddy has plenty of tubing just drop out the exhaust and build the new one right next to the old one... If you can't do that, haynes manuals or whatever vw's parts manual is will have an exploded view..

· Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: FV-QR (dubifyd)

ya i think this might be what im gona do but def for way cheaper and also im not sure its loud enough its hard to make a decision with these horrible soundclips on youtube some sound good and some bad but with the same exhaust

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.