VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
holy ****e....

The new range is based on the Phaeton luxury market model, with the favoured new design featuring sweeping curves, plenty of chrome, short body overhangs and indicators integrated in the external mirrors and in the transparent glass headlight units.
Other new features include frameless door windows and an electric switch replacing the boot handle. The overall length of the new Golf will not increase by more than 6 cm, but there will be considerably more space in the interior - particularly in the rear, and also a good 30 litres more load space. The Jetta limo, however, will be mounted on a 15 cm longer platform than the Golf, providing considerably more freedom of movement on the rear seat
A range of powerful 16-valve engines will augment the visual changes. The entry level will be a super economy 1.4-litre 55kW petrol engine, supplemented by a 63kW FSI direct injection unit. The engine range above this will include a 1.6-litre engine developing 78kW, a 104kW 2.0-litre direct injection engine and a 3.2-litre, 24-valve 6-cylinder engine pushing out at least 171kW (229hp!!!), and even a VR8 is planned. There will also be a 2.0-litre direct injection diesel engine developing 52kW and three turbo diesel models developing 75 (1.9-litre), 101 (2.0-litre) and 130kW (2.5-litre).

[Modified by SDgtiVR6, 9:19 PM 2-4-2002]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: MK5 VR6/W8 (78 2.0 16V rocco)

just right click on the empty image icon and go to properties.
copy the url and paste into a new browser window.
I tried it for all of them they all work.
Later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
!!!

quote:[HR][/HR]just checked it, still up! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
when is the mk5 coming out? maybe i should wait..
[HR][/HR]​
zooks76 i am going through the same dillema.
Should i buy 2k2gti or wait for MKV. But nobody seems to know when it will come out. And if all the things I hear about VW moving upscale are true, the price of the MKV's might be a whole lot pricier than now.
I feel for you! Im in the same boat

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Re: MK5 VR6/W8 (SDgtiVR6)

Same dilemma here...
BTW, the new MotorTrend magazine has a feature on the new MKV Golf. They claim it will be introduced in early 2003 and will go on sale as a 2004 model. Considering that 2002 GTIs were available in September 2001, it is reasonable to expect the 2004 Golf to be available in the early fall of 2003. That means another year and a half!!!
That's great news! The earlier rumors had it coming in 2005. So, what does it all mean? Well, eaither I survive without a car for that period and save a ton of cash for the new MKV, or get an old beater to get me through until that glorious day when I take delivery of my new 2004 VW GTI 3.2L V6.

Now, I gotta go and pickup that magazine and continue my drooling.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: MK5 VR6/W8 (GTIfreak)

GTIfreak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If what you say is true than u are the man!!!
I cant believe it!! early 2003!!! Im gonna pick up the latest motor trend ASAP!
wow if this is really true then i can wait for the MKV Golf. Just Hope It
Doesnt Cost An Arm & A Leg
Thanks for the info GTIfreak

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: MK5 VR6/W8 (gti2k)

Ok I bought the February Issue and It has nothing
about a VW except for the W12 Supercar.
What Issue of motor trend is it January or Feb.
Should have asked b4 i bought it

I lost $3.50 Damn.
N E Ways let me know!!!!
thanx

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Re: MK5 VR6/W8 (gti2k)

gti2k:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is in the March issue.
I think on page 24 or something. I hope my memory serves me well.
Gonna get it today and post more info.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Re: MK5 VR6/W8 (ScottR)

I just saw this today.. it looks nice. It definitely has styling trends from the new Passat. They are saying that the Bora/Jetta will be more distinctive than it currently is (not so closely related to the Golf) and larger but they didn't have a picture of the Bora/Jetta.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.