VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
very good input, glad to hear that removing stock exhaust components decreases spool time significantly, especially with stock size piping. sorry for going off thread subject.
Nah you’re good man I used a 2 inch 90 degree elbow and a flexible tube for now probably upgrade in future. Spool time is slightly decreased but it does come up faster when you hit throttle at around 2k-3k rpms. Another thing I noticed is that the powerband we could say it sorta extended since before it would seriously run out of breath around 5k or so. Now it’s like it wants more and more but again maybe it’s just me but hopefully it’s not. Btw I have a K&N drop in filter not an intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nah you’re good man I used a 2 inch 90 degree elbow and a flexible tube for now probably upgrade in future. Spool time is slightly decreased but it does come up faster when you hit throttle at around 2k-3k rpms. Another thing I noticed is that the powerband we could say it sorta extended since before it would seriously run out of breath around 5k or so. Now it’s like it wants more and more but again maybe it’s just me but hopefully it’s not. Btw I have a K&N drop in filter not an intake.

very good to know, im probably going to go the cat back root soon as AWE or ECS has another sale. i do notice it takes a second to build up boost between shifts even at higher rpm. i have the Racechip GTS and the Integrated Engineering intake. both have made a significant improvement in performance and the intake sounds killer. exhaust is definitly on the horizon.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
very good to know, im probably going to go the cat back root soon as AWE or ECS has another sale. i do notice it takes a second to build up boost between shifts even at higher rpm. i have the Racechip GTS and the Integrated Engineering intake. both have made a significant improvement in performance and the intake sounds killer. exhaust is definitly on the horizon.
I want the IE intake so bad how is it??? Any videos??? What do you mean by takes a second to build boost? Maybe it’s that you need to seriously open up your exhaust lol but honestly I do shifts and if I WOT at 3k rpms either 1,2,3 it comes so quick. Now 4th and still pretty quick but fifth is mostly highway gear. Now after exhaust then you should really make a thread about how it improved from stock specially do a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I want the IE intake so bad how is it??? Any videos??? What do you mean by takes a second to build boost? Maybe it’s that you need to seriously open up your exhaust lol but honestly I do shifts and if I WOT at 3k rpms either 1,2,3 it comes so quick. Now 4th and still pretty quick but fifth is mostly highway gear. Now after exhaust then you should really make a thread about how it improved from stock specially do a 1/4 mile.

Mine is stock tune btw

·
Registered
38 Posts

the IE intake sounds soooo damn good, they have a video on youtube that showcases that distinctive growl, definitly worth it just for the sound itself, but definitly increased throttle response. combined with the racechip, it feels alot stronger than their advertised numbers; in 5th gear at 80 mph if you put it to the floor in race mode, it will pull hard all the way to 120+ mph no problem. with all of that extra demand on the exhaust, im def think the exhaust will make a very noticable difference, i will def keep you posted on the results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Front mount heat exchanger you mean Air to Air right?
Yes I am aware that in order to isolate the Intercooling system these items at least are needed: E- Water pump, radiator, expansion tank or some sort of container, hoses, fans(specially when idling or not going at fast enough speeds). I think it would be best to also have a switch for water pump. Just some ideas that might help get the better out of this baby 1.4T
Don’t get me wrong it’s an amazing vehicle and if I wanted fast I sure wouldn’t have bought a 2.0T lol I would’ve bought a big block V8 .
This past week I removed the resonator and replaced with piece of exhaust pipe and my God did it sounds much sweeter better and the power seems to go all the way to 6k rpms and comes on boost almost instantly and is so responsive.

No.. it’s air to water. You would run this in the cooling loop up stream of the intake mani. Air cools the fluid.. I think it would bring down IAT’s enough to feel improvements. Also like I said before it’s less work and cheaper then doing a custom FMIC.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No.. it’s air to water. You would run this in the cooling loop up stream of the intake mani. Air cools the fluid.. I think it would bring down IAT’s enough to feel improvements. Also like I said before it’s less work and cheaper then doing a custom FMIC.

Oh I see so use that one piggybacked with the stock air to water system. So instead of one Heat exchanger we could have two but one that cools it even more before getting to the IC in the Intake Manifold. That’s a great idea too. IATs when sitting can go up to 40f over ambient. At WOT when going over 70mph temps are about 20F highest if I go WOT for over say 5secs or so. So from 70-100 or-110 IATs at WOT rise slowly but rise up to 20f at most over ambient. I haven’t seen really anything much higher when driving hard. When driving on highway 10-15-20f is normal above ambient.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any idea what this is come across it a few times in different places says it fits the mk6.5 1.4t but there are pretty much no details. Its not our stock intercooler. Is it an upgrade is it ment to be run in tandem or is it just bs?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Any idea what this is come across it a few times in different places says it fits the mk6.5 1.4t but there are pretty much no details. Its not our stock intercooler. Is it an upgrade is it ment to be run in tandem or is it just bs?

Join EA211 Group on Facebook. Plenty of support there. I’m there too!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts