VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed raceland ultimo coilovers on my 2012 Jetta 2.5 SE and now whenever I accelerate the peddles begin to shake violently and as I continue to accelerate the shaking gets worse Until the whole front of the cabin is shaking side to side quickly. Around 60mph if I’m cruising the shaking goes away for the most part but is immediately present on any type of acceleration. I’m not sure what could be causing it, possibly CV axles or control arms? Also, just for extra Information my car has 144k miles on it and I got an alignment yesterday which didnt seem to help much, and the coilovers are at about halfway so around a 2” drop. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this issue once, and realized that the coilovers were not all set at precisely the same height. Be careful with that when you install. I'd also check to see that you have everything torqued down correctly. If all that checks out, perhaps you have a bad set.

I ended up switching to a set of Bilstein shocks/struts and H&R sport springs, and never looked back. Much simpler, better setup IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I tried to even them out yesterday and thought they were perfect, I’ll take a look at them now and see if I can fix that. The springs in the rear are bottomed out as I have the 55mm rear torsion beam in the back so the adjustability isn’t much, could that be the cause though? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.