VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I’ve decided to upgrade the audio in the Jetta as the next project. The only problem is I don’t know where to start at all! I did buy two boxes of some pioneer t-a652c on sale for $200. But as far as amps, subs, head units... I’m totally lost. I am handy and plan on at least building my own box and place to mount the amps and stuff?? Any help is good and please keep in mind I’m basically in kindergarten with this stuff

·
Registered
254 Posts
What are your goals? Budget? Sound quality focused? Rattle out your fillings? What genre of music do you listen to most?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @birdman61801! My main goal is sound quality, I listen to hip hop/ hard rock 90% of the time. Lastly I’m budget minded.. I don’t mind spending the money for a good quality system. I’m planning on a “b team” level system

·
Registered
254 Posts
I change my equipment around way too often. So I've actually pulled my system out and installed some into my passat. However, what worked really well for me on a budget...
Pioneer GM-D9705 5 channel amplifier
Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 subwoofer loaded into a pre-fab sound ordnance box

You can run all your interior speakers and a sub off that amp at concert level volume.
Kenwood is a very popular choice for sound quality headunits. I like to shop the major online retailers Crutchfield, best buy, eBay for whoever has the best deal.

A couple of pics from the install.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60’s Bus — 04 GTI — 14 Jetta 1.8 — 14 GLI — 18 Atlas 2.0 SEL — 19 Golf-R
41 Posts
I have this and the head unit in my 14 Jetta, I have a $2,500 set up in a 14 GLI with AVH-W4500NEX... For whatever it’s worth it’s not much better then this $400...

Everything fits perfect and takes less then hour to install, Plus if you like aesthetics everything matches at night when it lights up...

You’ll find in these forums, certain people want you to do exactly as they do.... Take everyone’s opinion and see what works best for you...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have this and the head unit in my 14 Jetta, I have a $2,500 set up in a 14 GLI with AVH-W4500NEX... For whatever it’s worth it’s not much better then this $400...

Everything fits perfect and takes less then hour to install, Plus if you like aesthetics everything matches at night when it lights up...

You’ll find in these forums, certain people want you to do exactly as they do.... Take everyone’s opinion and see what works best for you...
I agree. I had an Rcd 510 in my sportwagen and an rns310 in my cc. I just swapped the RCD For an RNS 510. The RNS units sound way better but compatibility sucks. For the price of a RECENT RNS510 ( don’t buy an old one) you can build a way better aftermarket system. Crutchfield will send you all the adaptors and everything you need. And you’ll have CarPlay and stuff like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts