VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've got a 2011 Jetta, 2.5L, 6sp Auto, 72,000 km and looking to do a tranny flush in the GTA area. The mechanics listed in this forum where not able to help. Many said they wouldn't do it, others just didn't return my call. I have only received a call back from one mechanic with a quote, but I wanted to verify a few other places as well.

Has anyone done a tranny flush on their MKVI? Anyone recommend a competent shop that can do this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Manufacturer might not reco it, but since it's an Aisin transmission brand, the same as in toyota cars, and they reco a fluid change, i'd go that route.

Perjad was mentioning he was at a recent Pentosyn product show and their latest, greatest ATF lasts 100,000km.

I'd say it's worth changing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PTM told me the same thing - they wouldn't recommend, void my warranty, etc... SEM got back to me with a quote - but even then, they have not done any MK6's. Can't remember what we discussed about MK5's. I just don't really understand why shops are so hesitant to do this?????

I'm going to give Wunderkar a shout as well - but they seem to be on vacation for another week.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
manufacture does not recommend a flush for the 6spd auto also fluid alone would cost $165.00
Here's the breakdown for parts from the dealer:

Fluid: $39/liter x 5-6 litres = $200 - $240
Filter: $80
Gasket: $105

Total parts: $400 + taxes give or take

Deutche Auto Parts quoted about $300 including shipping and exchange for everything listed above.

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
why not wait until you're out of warranty, then change it? are you really having harsh 1-2 shifts when the car is warmed up?

what does the warranty go to these days, 80,000km? 100?

I wouldn't consider the age-old "12 year powertrain warranty" in any decision making process (if that phraseology and term still applies) - just the initial 2 or 4 year out the door warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.