VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TSI owners will have software update to make the after run pump to run longer then currently.
(Pretty much all 2010 TSI equipped cars)

TDI owners will have software update to change the parameters for one of the o2 sensors.
(On most of 2010 cars and maybe the 2009 TDI's so you will find out on your next visit to dealership. Some TDI Golfs will also get an o2 sensor replacement too)

· Registered
15,861 Posts
My Golf TDI built around Feb/March 2010 had the O2 sensor problem. Tripped around 2500 miles.

I dont understand why the factory continued to build them wrong. At time of build, I'm sure this was a well known issue. :screwy:

· Registered
1,284 Posts
My Golf TDI built around Feb/March 2010 had the O2 sensor problem. Tripped around 2500 miles.

I dont understand why the factory continued to build them wrong. At time of build, I'm sure this was a well known issue. :screwy:
Well, mine was built in November 2009 and have not had a problem (yet) for 4000 miles. Was it a hit-or-miss thing?

· Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is this the type of thing that the dealer will inform us about? Or something we need to ask for?
I doubt the dealer will inform you but you could call them up and ask them about it. Its a fairly new TSB.

What does this mean? I'm a TSI owner, what does this mean for me? How does this affect me or my car?
Mostly like yes. You go in and they reflash the ECU.

· Registered
1,938 Posts

I don't understand why the factory continued to build them wrong. At time of build, I'm sure this was a well known issue. :screwy:
VW doesn't build the O2 sensor, they buy it from somebody (Bosch, who knows). Sometimes there are various lot numbers that are faulty, or they pass the tech specs, but fail after XXXX miles.

This is the reason I no longer have my '96 3.6 Passat. They were not able to tell which motors received the faulty oil pump bolt. Mine was built before they caught the problem, and I wasn't willing to risk it. O2 sensors are relatively benign in comparison.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.