VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

With the official production announcement of the Mk7.5 Golf GTI TCR I figured it would be good to get a thread going for all the part numbers associated with the new bits on the TCR. I will update the below Google Sheets file with any missed parts and part numbers as we figure them out.

>>> Link to Google Sheets File with all known part numbers: HERE <<<

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will jump in here quickly. The tcr is available as a 5 door, I have seen a road test video, sorry don’t have the link. The lip spoiler I believe you are correct and is the same as on the Rabbit edition and also the Euro golf R performance package, part #5G6827940041, and is available from e-acca, $255.00. The 19” black prets you could probably get from a dealer since they are part of the 2019 golf r black package, at least in Canada. Hope this helps a bit. I do like the 19” Reifnitz Wheels a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will take back the lip spoiler, looking at pictures more closely I think it is different than the Rabbit edition or Golf R performance package, netcarshow.com has some good close up pictures.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be TCR parts that fit the 4 door as well. The TCR is being released in a 2 and 4 door

https://youtu.be/HgO9gTVecKw
Awesome, thanks for the update. The only pics I've seen thus far have been of the 2-door version. I'll update the OP.

I will take back the lip spoiler, looking at pictures more closely I think it is different than the Rabbit edition or Golf R performance package, netcarshow.com has some good close up pictures.

It appears you might be right. The rear lip spoiler seems to go up a little bit higher than the normal VW Performance Pack/Rabbit spoiler

Mk7.5 GTI TCR Spoiler

VW R Performance Pack/Rabbit Spoiler

·
Registered
314 Posts
Based on this thread I started over at VWROC, ETKA does not have any new part numbers (still showing Rabbit/PP):

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/30577-tcr-gti-rear-spoiler-lip-pn/

I swore the lip spoiler is different, here's all the stuff I had saved on it. First in white is the Golf R with the PP, followed by the grey TCR (both taken from the EU configurator) - superimpose one on top of the other and you'll find that the spoiler on the TCR is indeed different and taller.

Now we get to the Worthersee TCR unveil (blacked out roof) vs a R with the PP lip added to it.

People telling me I'm cray cray, but I swear it's different. Another comparison, unwrapped car is a Rabbit, other is the TCR

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Burgerkong, completely agree with you now. Those are two different lip spoilers for sure. Good thing I didn't pull the trigger on the Rabbit/Perf Pack one :D.

edit: I did check your vwroc thread and see the ETKA post. The Wörthersee TCR was technically a concept model, so it's possible VW put something different on it for extra flair, but it does seem odd since it was basically production ready at that point :screwy:

I updated the OP with the mirror caps and shifter P/N, will continue to do so for other similar/pre-existing parts.

·
Registered
314 Posts
On the UK configurator there's something that's called the 'Rear Roof Spoiler' with no info and a checkbox next to it....this seems like the part I'm looking for!

·
Registered
8,969 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thought I'd update this, we are 99% certain this is the part number for the spoiler lip:
Thanks for the leg work, I'll update the OP

The other forum https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/30577-tcr-gti-rear-spoiler-lip-pn/ has more specific info - there is a comparison photo and estimated retail price ....

I'm wondering if I can provide the number to the VW dealer and have them help lookup & order one? Or how is everyone else sourcing these?
I checked e-acca and cars245 and both brought up nothing under that P/N. I'll inquire on both and see if a friend has some connections.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updated the OP with the rear diffuser P/N. The only concern I have is that the TCR has a black section on the lower rear corner compared to ours so I'm not sure if that's included or is a separate P/N. I also got the P/N for the side skirts, but don't know if they're for 3 or 5 door models, so waiting on confirmation about that before posting those.

TCR

Normal 7.5 GTI

1 - 20 of 159 Posts