VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
821 - 840 of 973 Posts
Has anyone tested the "Brake System Vacuum Pump" settings? I'm looking to get a firmer, less sensitive brake pedal. I already did the Brake Booster and Brake Assist tweaks, but hoping to find a bit better pedal feel. :)

Hey everyone! Thank you for all the guides in this forum. I’ve used a lot of them to make tweaks via OBD Eleven.

I did the tweak where you can lock the car from the remote while the car is on, so that you can let it warm up or other reasons.

The problem is that now for some reason the car won’t lock when I touch the Drivers side door handle. The passenger one still works for locking. Unlocking by touching either handle also still works.

Any ideas where I can look or what setting to check to get the the touch lock from the drivers door handle back to working?

Has anyone tested the "Brake System Vacuum Pump" settings? I'm looking to get a firmer, less sensitive brake pedal. I already did the Brake Booster and Brake Assist tweaks, but hoping to find a bit better pedal feel. :)
Did you do posts on those brake tweaks? I have to concentrate to pull up smoothly around town & would really like to fix?

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction with this (somewhat) edge case.

I'm trying to code it so that if my car is parked, but still running - when i switch my lights to the 'off' position the dash/digital dash will turn off. Mostly as a reminder to switch my lights back on. Haven't had much luck whilst searching for a solution and any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for this newb question, but for those of you that use the Ross Tech HEX V2 cable:
How do you properly connect and disconnect it from the computer and car? Do you have to “stop using” it on the pc like a usb stick? It did not show up at all so I closed VCDS, turned of ignition and disconnected dongle from obd port, then unplugged it from the laptop. Is this the right way to do it? I got rid of my OBDeleven, that thing was a pain in the @$$, and after the latest update it will not run anymore, tablet is no longer supported. [emoji35] The Hex V2 is so much nicer to use, faster as well and didn’t crash a single time while using it. Anyways, thanks for any help. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually open up VCDS, plug it into the USB port on the laptop, turn the ignition on and then plug in the dongle. When done I stay on the landing page for VCDS and then unplug from the vehicle.

I usually open up VCDS, plug it into the USB port on the laptop, turn the ignition on and then plug in the dongle. When done I stay on the landing page for VCDS and then unplug from the vehicle.

Thank you! [emoji106][emoji482]
Ross Tech should include a printed quick set up guide or how to with their devices....

You’re welcome, sometimes if VCDS is already up on the laptop and ignition is already on, I’ll plug in the dongle and then into the USB port.

You’re welcome, sometimes if VCDS is already up on the laptop and ignition is already on, I’ll plug in the dongle and then into the USB port.

So, I guess there’s no “right” or “wrong” way to plug/unplug it then I guess? I was concerned to screw something up. Fried ECU, laptop, or Hex V2 is what I was afraid of. [emoji12][emoji849]

Another thing to note, turn power saving off in Device Manager for the USB ports.

Does anyone know how to get this cockpit style from the B8 Passat? When I mess around with the tube style and display depictions, there are only 4 available: Atlas, Tiguan, Arteon/GTI, and R. I really want this one:

Did anyone ever find an option to enable the green “park” light when auto hold is in use via VCDS? I just got a 2019 Golf R, and I’m loving the auto hold feature. However, it does say in the owners manual that there’s suppose to be a green light in the dash when auto hold is actively holding the vehicle, which their isn’t. Enabling that green light would really complete the feature for me. I know there’s a orange light on the auto hold button, but that button stays on regardless of whether auto hold is on or not. On a BMW that I had as a rental, a green light came on to let me know that auto hold was engaged, and that it was safe for me to take my foot off the brake. I also wish stop/start would work with auto hold.

VCDS from MK7.5 2018 NAR Golf R - Canada

Code:
Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. (J387)       Labels:| 5QX-959-X92-52.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q0 959 592 E    HW: 5Q0 959 592 B
   Component: TSG BFS       [URL="tel:020 0041"]020 0041[/URL]  
   Coding: 003E13208000040000800000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_DCUPasseSideEWMAXKLO 006003
   ROD: EV_DCUPasseSideEWMAXCONT.rod

Passengers Rear Door Control Module: 
   Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 959 812 D    HW: 5Q0 959 812 D  Labels: 5QX-959-81X-V1.CLB
   Component: FOND_FHSG_PSG  [URL="tel:006 0007"]006 0007[/URL] 
   Coding: 091000
What is the default code for the Golf R in canada for 03 ABS Brake?

MK7.5 - Audi Coding for Improved Throttle Response

Hey all,

This is probably buried in one of the 34 pages in this thread... but here's my contribution: https://youtu.be/oWkgvIPiQ0M

I created a video on tweaking the throttle response on my '19 Golf R (DSG) using Audi Profiles. Note: My adaptive cruise control seems fully functional, which might have been an issue early on for those who tried this. Also made a tweak that I noticed better traction during launch control.

Hope this helps anybody out there!

Thanks,
Tory

Hey all,

This is probably buried in one of the 34 pages in this thread... but here's my contribution: https://youtu.be/oWkgvIPiQ0M

I created a video on tweaking the throttle response on my '19 Golf R (DSG) using Audi Profiles. Note: My adaptive cruise control seems fully functional, which might have been an issue early on for those who tried this. Also made a tweak that I noticed better traction during launch control.

Hope this helps anybody out there!

Thanks,
Tory
What effect does the Audi radar cruise tweak have?

821 - 840 of 973 Posts