VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
841 - 860 of 973 Posts
What effect does the Audi radar cruise tweak have?
At the very least, nothing. Everything still seemed to work normally with the benefit of a (not very accurate) over speed warning.
I did this and noticed a pretty significant increase in throttle response. I was quite impressed when I got on on my short journey to my first stop... and then realized that I had left the OBDeleven in and my JB4 wasn't running! It was even better when I swapped everything out on the next drive after I got that extra boost back.

The tweak definitely removes the time variable from the R throttle's time and percentage throttle logic. Definitely more linear like my old Subaru LGT.

Mk 7.5 E-golf DRL dimming adjustment

Hi all!

I have tried to code with obd11 my e-golf day time running lights to more brighter. I found how to adjust C-shape DRL (bottom) but I couldn't find right code to adjust (headlight) DRL brightness. (Upper)

I found this code but I would need a picture (obd adaptions settings) example from regular golf with led headlights. So if someone can give me context for obdeleven how to code it brighter. I am not sure if it's possible but I would like try :)

Exelmpe from (10)-Light2SL VLB10-Dimming adaptions because my e-golf setting are blank in that folder.

This is the coding for the DRL brightness.

09 Central Electronics

16 Security Access 31347

10 Adaptations

(10)-Light2SL VLB10-Dimming CD 2' from 26 to 100

(10)-Light3SL VRB21-Dimming CD 3' from 26 to 100

Hi all!

I have tried to code with obd11 my e-golf day time running lights to more brighter. I found how to adjust C-shape DRL (bottom) but I couldn't find right code to adjust (headlight) DRL brightness. (Upper)

I found this code but I would need a picture (obd adaptions settings) example from regular golf with led headlights. So if someone can give me context for obdeleven how to code it brighter. I am not sure if it's possible but I would like try :)

Example from (10)-Light2SL VLB10-Dimming adaptions because my e-golf setting are blank in that folder.

This is the coding for the DRL brightness.

09 Central Electronics

16 Security Access 31347

10 Adaptations

(10)-Light2SL VLB10-Dimming CD 2' from 26 to 100

(10)-Light3SL VRB21-Dimming CD 3' from 26 to 100
Jonttu: I'm not sure what you mean when you say "because my e-golf setting are blank in that folder". Are you saying that just the 1 x channel (Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming CD 2) is set to zero on your car? Or, is the entire Leuchte-set Leuchte2SL VLB10 disabled on your car (i.e. all of the 19 x adaptation channels starting with "Leuchte2SL VLB10" are disabled)?

What is the value for Leuchte2SL VLB10 - Lasttyp 2? If the value for this channel is "not active", the entire Leuchte-set is disabled - which means that your car has Light Control Modules (LCMs) installed. I suspect that this is the case.

If your car has LCMs, the headlights are controlled by these modules; they are NOT controlled by the module that OBD11 calls "central electrics" (@ address hex09). In this case, you can't modify the operation of any of the lamps in the headlight fittings.

Don

Jonttu: I'm not sure what you mean when you say "because my e-golf setting are blank in that folder". Are you saying that just the 1 x channel (Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming CD 2) is set to zero on your car? Or, is the entire Leuchte-set Leuchte2SL VLB10 disabled on your car (i.e. all of the 19 x adaptation channels starting with "Leuchte2SL VLB10" are disabled)?

What is the value for Leuchte2SL VLB10 - Lasttyp 2? If the value for this channel is "not active", the entire Leuchte-set is disabled - which means that your car has Light Control Modules (LCMs) installed. I suspect that this is the case.

If your car has LCMs, the headlights are controlled by these modules; they are NOT controlled by the module that OBD11 calls "central electrics" (@ address hex09). In this case, you can't modify the operation of any of the lamps in the headlight fittings.

Don
Thanks for answering.

Yeah you were right about Leuchte2SL VLB10 - Lasttyp 2 is set "not active". So there isn't any way then to change settings then?

Couldn’t get the taillight coding to work on my 2019.

The stored value was 41 - LED something.
This is my coding (2018)

Disable the little red led's on the side of the taillights
09 - Central Electrics
16-Security code 31347
10-Adaptations
(1)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 to "not active" (default: "43-allgemeine LED")

Disable Orange LED in Front Headlight
Module 09 - Central Electrics
16-Security code 31347
10-Adaptations
Leuchte26NSL LA72 - Lichtfunktion A 26 - change from “Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)” to “nicht aktiv”

Driver's Seat Easy Entry/Exit Function

My 2018 R has the memory seat option (2 users). Driver's side only.

Looking for coding to enable the seat Easy Entry/Exit Function.

This moves the seat back about 3-4 inches when you are about to exit the car.
Once you re-enter the car and start it, the seat goes back to the memorized location for that driver.

It was in a 2019 Arteon that I drove a few months ago that also had memory seats.

This is usually activated/deactivated in the Discover Pro but it's not there on the R.

Assistance appreciated.

I've read this entire thread and didn't see anything on how to disable the fasten seat belt chime. Does anyone know how to code it out?
Not to be rude, but why would you want to disable that chime anyways? It’s actually a very intelligent feature to have. If you were in an accident, your chances of surviving are a lot lower without wearing your seatbelt.

Close windows using remote WITHOUT closing the sunshade?

Is it possible to close windows using remote control (this already works) but without automatically closing the sunshade (I want the sunshade to stay fully opened) ?

Thanks a lot!

JFC

Not to be rude, but why would you want to disable that chime anyways? It’s actually a very intelligent feature to have. If you were in an accident, your chances of surviving are a lot lower without wearing your seatbelt.
JFC, really? How about this. I live in Montana. We die like men.

Thank you for your concern. The real answer is I sometimes have the habit of removing my seatbelt when I'm idling up my driveway. I find the seatbelt chime to be very annoying.

My 2018 R has the memory seat option (2 users). Driver's side only.

Looking for coding to enable the seat Easy Entry/Exit Function.

This moves the seat back about 3-4 inches when you are about to exit the car.
Once you re-enter the car and start it, the seat goes back to the memorized location for that driver.

It was in a 2019 Arteon that I drove a few months ago that also had memory seats.

This is usually activated/deactivated in the Discover Pro but it's not there on the R.

Assistance appreciated.
This works in my UK 2019 7.5 R with the optional electric driver's seat with memory.

For Easy Entry you go to (36) Driver Seat, and Long Code "Easy_Entry_front" to active.

If this works OK, you can add, in the same section, "easy_entry_front_over_MMI" set to active.

This gives a new entry "Seats" in the Vehicle Settings screen and it contains "Access Aid" -> "Driver's Seat" check box.
So the easy option can be turned on or off as you wish. There was no resetting required to enable these.

This works in my UK 2019 7.5 R with the optional electric driver's seat with memory.

For Easy Entry you go to (36) Driver Seat, and Long Code "Easy_Entry_front" to active.

If this works OK, you can add, in the same section, "easy_entry_front_over_MMI" set to active.

This gives a new entry "Seats" in the Vehicle Settings screen and it contains "Access Aid" -> "Driver's Seat" check box.
So the easy option can be turned on or off as you wish. There was no resetting required to enable these.
I tried do this today. There is no mapping for the long coding helper on mod(36) Seats. It just shows Bit1, Bit2, Bit3, etc.

With your help, I'd like to try something:

Can you give me the Byte number and the bit number for "Easy_Entry_front"
and the Byte number and the bit number for "easy_entry_front_over_MMI" ?

For example: "easy_entry_front" might be Byte 3, Bit 1

I have the latest version of VCDS downloaded so I am not sure why I cannot see the long coding helper.. Are you using OBD11?

What a great feature. Why the hell is it not mentioned in "the book" and why isn't it a standard default thing?.

I'm off to get it activated.

841 - 860 of 973 Posts