VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
861 - 880 of 973 Posts
What a great feature. Why the hell is it not mentioned in "the book" and why isn't it a standard default thing?.

I'm off to get it activated.
Figured it out.

If you try the long coding and all you see it bit0, bit1, bit2, etc. do this:

1. Module #36 Seats
2. Coding
3. Long coding helper (if you get a popup just click ok)
4. Tick Byte 3 Bit 1
5. Tick Byte 9 Bit 6
6. Exit
7. Do it! (Note: Good idea to take a picture of the computer screen first in case something goes wrong)
8. Car Off, Car On
9. Car Menu "Vehicle Settings" Tap "Seats"
10. "Seat Settings, Entry Assistance" Tap "Driver Seat"

It only moves a few inches for me. It will probably move further back if you are 5'5" - 5'10"

Figured it out.

1. Module #36 Seats
2. Coding
4. Tick Byte 3 Bit 1
5. Tick Byte 9 Bit 6
6. Exit
7. Do it! (Note: Good idea to take a picture of the computer screen first in case something goes wrong)
8. Car Off, Car On

It only moves a few inches for me. It will probably move further back if you are 5'5" - 5'10"
Good to see you got it working.

I'm not sure how you found the right bits, but the coding helper works well. Let this pop up then click on each byte in turn. Relevant bits are described and eventually (bytes 3 and 6) you'll see the items you're looking for.

With OBD11 there are two options for Long Coding, the byte & bit display and the labelled text version. Choose the latter and just scroll the list looking for the two items I mentioned above.

Good to see you got it working.

I'm not sure how you found the right bits, but the coding helper works well. Let this pop up then click on each byte in turn. Relevant bits are described and eventually (bytes 3 and 6) you'll see the items you're looking for.

With OBD11 there are two options for Long Coding, the byte & bit display and the labelled text version. Choose the latter and just scroll the list looking for the two items I mentioned above.
I found the coding on a Skoda/Seat forum somewhere out there on the internet. Figured "WTH, worth a try."
Your post helped a lot too. Thanks!

Power folding mirror change

I have the OEM power folding mirrors on my 7.5. On my SO's S3 the mirrors stay in until the ignition is activated compared to the R where the mirrors deploy when the doors are unlocked. Is it possible to tweak the mirror coding so the mirrors stay folded on door unlock and only open with the ignition?

Jealous of the ROW cars who get seat memory lol

I have the OEM power folding mirrors on my 7.5. On my SO's S3 the mirrors stay in until the ignition is activated compared to the R where the mirrors deploy when the doors are unlocked. Is it possible to tweak the mirror coding so the mirrors stay folded on door unlock and only open with the ignition?
I don't believe so, when I installed my power folding mirrors I looked through the options. The "comfort_folding" option is just whether it moves on lock/unlock, but I didn't see anything about ignition or additional comfort folding settings.

Figured it out.

1. Module #36 Seats
2. Coding
4. Tick Byte 3 Bit 1
5. Tick Byte 9 Bit 6
6. Exit
8. Car Off, Car On

Got it done! Love it & bewildered why it is not an option in the screen nor mentioned in "the dreaded book". I like my seat and wheel in the lowest positions but getting in and out was damaging my wedding tackle on the wheel.

I just tried checking this setting and my steering is now heavier and reminding me much more of my MKV R32. I can't say if I love it yet as I'm still getting used to it, but so far I like the direction. It may have been coincidence but when I checked this I got an error for headlight leveling and needed to perform a basic calibration (the two ending in digits #1 and #2, *NOT* the ALL ADAPTATION RESET one which is first) Then all errors cleared and I was good.

VCDS Long coding:
4B - Multifunction module
Byte 8, Bit 0 - steering_curve
default value: Normal
new value: mqb_steering_direct

4B - Multifunction Module error I got just after:

0032 - Headlight
C107E 54 [137] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 125
Mileage: 2519 km
Date: 2018.09.11

Figured it out.

1. Module #36 Seats
2. Coding
4. Tick Byte 3 Bit 1
5. Tick Byte 9 Bit 6
6. Exit
8. Car Off, Car On

No such luck on my NAR '19 build June 2019. No module #36 installed. Awesome tip though for those who can utilize it!

I just tried checking this setting and my steering is now heavier and reminding me much more of my MKV R32. I can't say if I love it yet as I'm still getting used to it, but so far I like the direction. It may have been coincidence but when I checked this I got an error for headlight leveling and needed to perform a basic calibration (the two ending in digits #1 and #2, *NOT* the ALL ADAPTATION RESET one which is first) Then all errors cleared and I was good.

VCDS Long coding:
4B - Multifunction module
Byte 8, Bit 0 - steering_curve
default value: Normal
new value: mqb_steering_direct

4B - Multifunction Module error I got just after:

0032 - Headlight
C107E 54 [137] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 125
Mileage: 2519 km
Date: 2018.09.11

I'm going to give this a go this evening (with VCP). Did it change the feel perceptibly on comfort, normal and race?

My hunch is that the headlamp adaptation was required besed on the swivel in the lamps being correlated to the steering wheel's number of degrees left or right of center.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Haha I am not sure as everything is set to race on my car aside from DCC and Exhaust. Not sure if sport mode etc affects the weight but it was noticeable. Let me know what you experience. Good catch about steering angle and headlights. I love the feel now fyi.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Has anyone had luck running the DCC basic settings with OBD11 or VCDS? I got my car in the air and tried to run the basic settings with the suggested security code (OBD11). I didn't get any errors messages, but it didn't actually seem to run correctly. I've seen some mention of needing to run this with ODIS, but I can't seem to find anything definitive.

Figured it out.

1. Module #36 Seats
2. Coding
4. Tick Byte 3 Bit 1
5. Tick Byte 9 Bit 6
6. Exit
8. Car Off, Car On

I assume this only works on cars with memory seats? My 2019 R with full power seats (non memory) doesn’t have module 36 as an option.

Hi all. I want to know 2 things:
1. How to disable automaticly opening doors when I stop and change gear to "P".
2. How to keep Media ON when I stop car and turn ignition OFF(2015 Golf R - keyless entry) . My previous car was not switching OFF Media when I turn ignition OFF (Skoda Octavia vRS 2014).

Please help me to solve this problems.

THANK YOU ALL!

Anyone figure out how to disable the NA headlight restrictions on a mk7.5?
I know there are how to’s for the mk7 but doesn’t seem to work for the facelift

Using OBDeleven..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone figure out how to disable the NA headlight restrictions on a mk7.5?
I know there are how to’s for the mk7 but doesn’t seem to work for the facelift

Using OBDeleven..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not possible on the 7.5. You can however, manually adjust the aim of the headlights, drastically improving their performance. I did this on my 7.5 R, and the difference is night and day. The headlights are aimed super low from the factory, at least in the NAR market.

861 - 880 of 973 Posts