VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

561 - 580 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all
I'm hoping you can help me, I'm wanting to code the high beam assist using VCDS to work with my car which is a 2019 Audi A1 and I have been told that the Golf mk 7 , mk 7.5 and the polo have the same 3q camera on the windscreen. If this is correct and has anyone done it on their car then would they be able to give me the code.
I have asked on the Audi forum and they have suggested coming here.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi all
I'm hoping you can help me, I'm wanting to code the high beam assist using VCDS to work with my car which is a 2019 Audi A1 and I have been told that the Golf mk 7 , mk 7.5 and the polo have the same 3q camera on the windscreen. If this is correct and has anyone done it on their car then would they be able to give me the code.
I have asked on the Audi forum and they have suggested coming here.
Thanks
@Melenium: Hi - I'm always wary for "cross-pollinating" tweak instructions across variants of MQB platform vehicles but if you are game, then I guess that it's OK!!

Depending on the diagnostic device that you are using (OBD11 doesn't use the leading "Tag numbers" in the channels below):

For the BCM/Central electrics module (@ address hex09)
ENG141650-MAS13782-Fernlicht_assistent-Will Beam assistant: responsivity adjustable via BAP > present
ENG141650-ENG116639-Fernlicht_assistent-Fernlichtassistent Reset > active
ENG141650-ENG116637-Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent > present
ENG141650-ENG116641-Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung > present

I'm not sure what setting the A1 has for the channel : ENG141650-ENG141973-Fernlicht_assistent-Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung but perhaps leave unchanged in the first attempt!
You will need to enter a security code to make these changes - use 31347

I'm also not sure if the long-code string on your front camera module, Frt Sens. Drv. Assist (R242) @ address hexA5, needs to change - what is the current value of Byte 21?

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
I could use some help. I've read through this thread and others but have missed it. I want to be able to use my Nav and other functions in the MIB system while moving. The system locks out certain functions when moving. What setting in OBD11 is used to activate use while in motion? Or can it be done?
I have a 2018 NAR GTI Autobahn
TIA

·
Premium Member
43,693 Posts
I could use some help. I've read through this thread and others but have missed it. I want to be able to use my Nav and other functions in the MIB system while moving. The system locks out certain functions when moving. What setting in OBD11 is used to activate use while in motion? Or can it be done?
I have a 2018 NAR GTI Autobahn
TIA
Yes theres like a million options you need to check (basically 1 for every page)
1. From VCDS, select Controller Module 5F-Information Electr.,

2. Enter Security Login code = 20103

3. Under Adaptions, Query for the channels listed below and set the value = NON_BLOCKED (Blocked means, settings not available in motion), for each of them.

IDE11502-ENG127601-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_0
IDE11502-ENG127612-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_11
IDE11502-ENG127613-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_12
IDE11502-ENG127603-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_2
IDE11502-ENG127604-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_3
IDE11502-ENG127608-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_7
IDE11502-ENG127522-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_1
IDE11502-ENG127531-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_10
IDE11502-ENG127532-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_11
IDE11502-ENG127533-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_12
IDE11502-ENG127534-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_13
IDE11502-ENG127536-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_15
IDE11502-ENG127524-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_3
IDE11502-ENG127525-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_4
IDE11502-ENG127526-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_5
IDE11502-ENG127529-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_8
IDE11502-ENG127530-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_9
IDE11502-ENG127545-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_0
IDE11502-ENG127549-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_4
IDE11502-ENG127550-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_5
IDE11502-ENG127551-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_6
IDE11502-ENG127552-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_7
IDE11502-ENG127508-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_3
IDE11502-ENG127509-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_4
IDE11502-ENG127510-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_5
IDE11502-ENG127511-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_6
IDE11502-ENG127512-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_7

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Melenium: Hi - I'm always wary for "cross-pollinating" tweak instructions across variants of MQB platform vehicles but if you are game, then I guess that it's OK!!

Depending on the diagnostic device that you are using (OBD11 doesn't use the leading "Tag numbers" in the channels below):

ENG141650-MAS13782-Fernlicht_assistent-Will Beam assistant: responsivity adjustable via BAP > present
ENG141650-ENG116637-Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent > present
ENG141650-ENG116641-Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung > present

I'm not sure what setting the A1 has for the channel : ENG141650-ENG141973-Fernlicht_assistent-Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung but perhaps leave unchanged in the first attempt!

I'm also not sure if the long-code string on your front camera module, Frt Sens. Drv. Assist (R242) @ address hexA5, needs to change - what is the current value of Byte 21?

Don

Don
Hi DV52
Just to let you know I've managed to get the high beam assist working but I changed A5 to byte 20

·
Registered
15 Posts
I finally got my OBDeleven, and immediately turned the soundaktor to 0% volume... what a difference. Makes the car so much more enjoyable to be in without that fake buzzing junk.

I also raised the start/stop voltage to 12.1V, and that worked great. Never shut off on a quick 8-mile drive, but I did notice that the indicator that it wasn't available on the dash display was kicking on when stopped. Is there a long-code I'm missing that will disable it without having that on, or am I best off using the quick "app" (I do have plenty of the included credits available) - will the app just go off of button memory? That may be preferred, I'm already used to the light by the shifter always being on, and would prefer not to see the circled A on my dash.

(2019 GTI DSG, if that makes any difference)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I finally got my OBDeleven, and immediately turned the soundaktor to 0% volume... what a difference. Makes the car so much more enjoyable to be in without that fake buzzing junk.

I also raised the start/stop voltage to 12.1V, and that worked great. Never shut off on a quick 8-mile drive, but I did notice that the indicator that it wasn't available on the dash display was kicking on when stopped. Is there a long-code I'm missing that will disable it without having that on, or am I best off using the quick "app" (I do have plenty of the included credits available) - will the app just go off of button memory? That may be preferred, I'm already used to the light by the shifter always being on, and would prefer not to see the circled A on my dash.

(2019 GTI DSG, if that makes any difference)
@projekt-h: Hi - Alas the "circled A" is the tell for your tweak and it's present regardless of whether the tweak is done manually, or you use the APP (both methods actually make the same changes to the module). It appears on your dash whenever Start Stop (SS) is prohibited from operating because of a condition that interacts with the engine switch-off command.

In the case of the tweak, raising the setting to 12.1V tells the SS decision maker that there will ALWAYS be insufficient battery capacity to turn-ON the engine if it's turned-off. So SS doesn't turn off the engine and you get a little reminder of reason by the "circled A".

If you want to disable SS AND you don't want the "circled A" to appear - you need to install a physical device across the native SS button on the center console, I have designed a few of these which you can read about here or you can find a few on eBay,

Don

Reactions: projekt-h

·
Registered
15 Posts
@projekt-h: Hi - Alas the "circled A" is the tell for your tweak and it's present regardless of whether the tweak is done manually, or you use the APP (both methods actually make the same changes to the module). It appears on your dash whenever Start Stop (SS) is prohibited from operating because of a condition that interacts with the engine switch-off command.

In the case of the tweak, raising the setting to 12.1V tells the SS decision maker that there will ALWAYS be insufficient battery capacity to turn-ON the engine if it's turned-off. So SS doesn't turn off the engine and you get a little reminder of reason by the "circled A".

If you want to disable SS AND you don't want the "circled A" to appear - you need to install a physical device across the native SS button on the center console, I have designed a few of these which you can read about here or you can find a few on eBay,

Don
Wow, great work - really well done, and thanks for the info. I’ll have to see if it hits the level of bothersome that I want to install additional hardware after running it like this for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Successfully dimmed plate lights, hazard button, unblocked infotainment menus/settings while in motion, and activated window operation through remote thanks to posts here.

Tried to lower the ice warning temp, but security code 20103 did not take. 2019 GTI S, if that makes any difference. Any suggestions? The recommended codes in OBD11 also didn’t work. Currently in timeout on that function.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
@MANU01 :Hi - try this:

Leuchte28RFL LC11 and Leuchte29RFL RA64
Lichtfunktion G > Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv (not active)
Dimmwert GH > 127/100 (0)

Notes:
  1. the values in brackets should be your existing value - do not implement changes if these values are different on your car
  2. For the Dimmwert setting - use 100 if the reverse lamps are incandescent, use 127 ONLY for LED reverse lamps
  3. This tweak adds the reverse lamps to the other CH/LH lamps

Don
Hi Don,

The coding works as intended but, to my surprise (maybe not), the backup camera opens up each time. Any way to disable the camera from operating?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Tried to lower the ice warning temp, but security code 20103 did not take. 2019 GTI S, if that makes any difference. Any suggestions? The recommended codes in OBD11 also didn’t work. Currently in timeout on that function.
For access to the hex17 module on cars built after about mid 2016, use security code 47115
Don

Reactions: projekt-h

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Hi Don,

The coding works as intended but, to my surprise (maybe not), the backup camera opens up each time. Any way to disable the camera from operating?

Thanks.
The reverse camera is triggered by the right reverse light turning on. This is hard wired within the cars wire harness and not something easy to change. You could revert what changes you made on channel 29 but only the left side reverse light will light on CH/LH.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi Don,

Thanks.
It happens because the electrical switch to turn-on the reverse camera comes from the right-side reverse light (it's a simple +12V switch-on signal). This applies only for "low-line" cameras; "high-line" cameras use a CAN message instead of a simple DC voltage.

I'm surprised that it happens when the ignition is switched-off (which should be the case when CH/LH function operates)!! Are you saying that the reverse camera turns-on when the ignition is switched-off?

Don

EDIT: oops Tomas, we must have posted together!!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Yes, the camera pops open even with the ignition off. (No picture on main screen since its off)
I reverted the settings back to original as I didn't want to put extra wear and tear on the camera's mechanism.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Tried turning the sound daktor off with my 11 pro when tried changing it to 0% it would just spin saying it was writing but nothing was happening. Is obd11 not working yet on 2021’s?

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had to “pop the hood” and leave it ajar to get OBD11 Pro working in my 2021 GLI.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I’ll give that a go.

561 - 580 of 612 Posts