VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

601 - 612 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't believe my "S" model has any rear sensors (rear cross traffic alert). I do know it has a front assist sensor since I've caused it to go off more than once! lol. Thank you both for your input, this is very helpful. I'm going to attempt coding today and I will report back.
According to the below link, it should, which is why I was asking Don in my reply above about it. If mine is A and yours 8, it doesn't make sense, as both cars should have these 2 features active/enabled as they are, according to VW, standard features on ALL US GTI models per the below.

"Front Assist, standard on all GTI models, is intended to warn drivers of potential frontal collisions (Forward Collision Warning) with vehicles and pedestrians, and in some cases provide automatic braking assistance (Autonomous Emergency Braking)."

"The Rear Traffic Alert system, standard on all GTI models is intended to detect vehicles approaching from the side that may be difficult for the driver to see while reversing. The system offers a 180-degree view of the back of the car with a range of 65 feet, and will present a visual and an acoustic warning, if a potential collision with a crossing vehicle is detected. If the driver does not react, the system can apply the brakes to help mitigate and, in the best case, can prevent a collision. The system is activated by putting the car in reverse."

·
Registered
34 Posts
BTW, did you snap this photo just as you hit the button? Otherwise it should disable Front Assist, and I get the small icon about it in there as well, which I don't see in your photo.
I think it was either the 2nd or 3rd message that comes up when you hold the ESC button down, then it goes away and an "ESC OFF" button lights up on the lower right.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think it was either the 2nd or 3rd message that comes up when you hold the ESC button down, then it goes away and an "ESC OFF" button lights up on the lower right.
Yes, but besides the ESC OFF, you should also get the Front Assist off and a small triangle warning as well. You're saying you don't see that?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, but besides the ESC OFF, you should also get the Front Assist off and a small triangle warning as well. You're saying you don't see that?
Yes I do get that one as well, but I think I used to get that one before I recoded. It comes up one screen prior to the ESC status (off) screen. Then the large display is replace by the small indicator on the lower right with ESC OFF.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For access to the hex17 module on cars built after about mid 2016, use security code 47115
Don
DV52, any idea which code to use in hex14 on a 2020? 20103 isn't working. For reference, this is for a GLI and not a GTI, but I believe the security code would be the same. If Golf/GTI's don't have hex14, I'm specifically referring to control unit 14 in obdeleven, called "Wheel Dampening".

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
DV52, any idea which code to use in hex14 on a 2020? 20103 isn't working. For reference, this is for a GLI and not a GTI, but I believe the security code would be the same. If Golf/GTI's don't have hex14, I'm specifically referring to control unit 14 in obdeleven, called "Wheel Dampening".
I maintain a fulsome list of security codes for MQB platform vehicles HERE. However, as you can see, the code for the hex14 module is 20103 - but it has been confirmed by @NEtech, so should be good!

I'm not sure if you are aware, but as I say in the link - UDS modules (like those on mk7/7.5s) get cranky if an incorrect code is entered inadvertently. The module will lock-out for a period of time and not accept any more attempts - the lock-out time is measured with the ignition switched-on.

Maybe before you start the tweak - check the "invalid attempts" counter on the hex14 module like this:

I've shown central electrics module in the picture but each module has the same facility - so choose hex14 on the first screen. Confirm that the number on the last screen for the hex14 module is less than three and preferably zero - before (and after) you enter 20103.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Flying a helicopter seems way easier than learning what and how to alter a VW through VAG-COM. All I want to do is go from 3 blinks to 4 blinks on the lane change turn signal. I was able to do that on my 04 Touareg. I've tried reading through these posts, but it's like learning a new language. I have a 2020 GTI SE manual. I see lots of other cool things, but I am fearful I would do something that can't be undone. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Flying a helicopter seems way easier than learning what and how to alter a VW through VAG-COM. All I want to do is go from 3 blinks to 4 blinks on the lane change turn signal. I was able to do that on my 04 Touareg. I've tried reading through these posts, but it's like learning a new language. I have a 2020 GTI SE manual. I see lots of other cool things, but I am fearful I would do something that can't be undone. Thanks in advance.
  1. Select Control Module “09-Cent. Elect.”
  2. Click on Security Access and enter the following code: 31347
  3. Click on Adaptation and select -> Aussenlicht_Blinker Komfortblinken Blinkzyklen
  4. Change from DEFAULT 3 to 4

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Otto: Hi. I don't agree - I reckon that the most fool-hardy act that a sane individual (i.e both a pilot, or a passenger) can do is climb into a helicopter with the sole objective of leaving the safety of stable ground (why would anyone do such a thing?)!! ;)

As for your more more modest wants - certainly try @GolfR2012 suggestion. If after the steps are completed the tweak doesn't work, you might need to implement a subsequent "in-car" procedure as follows:
  1. Press the Car button on the RHS of the discover/composition media head.
  2. Press Set-up on the bottom RHS of the screen
  3. In the Vehicle Setting screen, press the Factory Settings panel (it's at the very end of the list at the bottom of the screen)
  4. In the Factory Settings screen, under Reset individual settings/data, press Lights
  5. Press Reset tab in the window that says Reset "Lights" settings-are you sure?
Unfortunately, the consequence of resetting Light to factory settings is (not surprisingly) that any previously stored personal settings will be lost, so you will have to re-establish these values.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before. Any way to set brightness of interior lights? Replaced incandescent with led but they are too bright. I know led plate light can be dimmed, is there a similar setting for interior? Thanks!

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

601 - 612 of 612 Posts