VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I need help assessing what my problem is on my car.
My 2020 GLI is Integrated Engineering Stage 1, DSG tune, CAI, & turbo inlet pipe. Also full exhaust by AWE.

I began noticing more issues after just recently Installing torque arm/ dogbone mount

this is the issue. Noticed when cold starting the car it began to sound rough, like the engine was shuddering. After engine fully warmed up, sounded normal.
then I began noticing when slowing and coming to a stop the DSG would make creaking noises/ click and shudder and shift rough. I also notice a high pitched whistle sound coming from what seems like the DV or turbo inlet.
I’m not mechanically inclined so idk if these correlate with each other, please help

Important to know I have no obvious boost leak, I still can get really good pulls and once car is in high gear no issues are evident. There seems to be no performance issues then, only when coming to a stop and on cold start

·
Registered
GLI 35 - Cross Sport 4Motion
841 Posts
I cant comment on the DSG issue because ive never experienced anything like what you are describing. Id say check your torque on the insert bolt and look for oil leaking from the transmission. Now in terms of the whistle sound is it low RPM cruising only? Like if you go wide open throttle the "whistle" is initially very loud and the snaps shut, like "ssssssssssoooop"? Or is the whistle a high pitched sound while the turbo is under acceleration.

What CAI do you have and are you running a diverter valve spacer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whistle is high pitched sound under acceleration but only in like 1-4th gear. And usually under low rpm. Once in the higher range it’s not happening.
im running IE open cold air intake and yes I have a DV spacer from ECS tuning

·
Registered
GLI 35 - Cross Sport 4Motion
841 Posts
So the way a diverter valve functions is it is in an open state under idle and it doesn’t shut until the car says it’s ok to build boost. I’d pull the diverter valve spacer if I were you and see if the sound goes away. If it does you are just hearing the valve open. I’d strongly recommend not running a diverter valve spacer on your car.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Is this not the obvious place to start?

I began noticing more issues after just recently Installing torque arm/ dogbone mount

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.