VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
2,501 - 2,520 of 2,613 Posts
These are my winter, spring, and summer wheels\tires. We don't really have fall in south Texas. I'll post them here because they are 17"
Man, those look really good for 17. Wishing i had gone 17" for winter. Bbs is making some nice affordable wheels these days.

Quick question, is there a groove on the barrel closer to the inner lip? Some aftermarket wheels have a groove cast into them, my Neuspeeds have the same groove. It throws off my balance as the sand they lay in CO gets packed into this groove, and is hard to clean out without getting under the car to get around the front rotors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Man, those look really good for 17. Wishing i had gone 17" for winter. Bbs is making some nice affordable wheels these days.

Quick question, is there a groove on the barrel closer to the inner lip? Some aftermarket wheels have a groove cast into them, my Neuspeeds have the same groove. It throws off my balance as the sand they lay in CO gets packed into this groove, and is hard to clean out without getting under the car to get around the front rotors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
No idea what photobucket did to my pictures, but no, no groove. My OEM Englishtown wheels had a channel right behind the spokes, and I agree, it is one of the worst designs ever.

Fifteen52 Integrale 17x7.5 et40 with 225/45 Gislaved tires. Running a 10mm spacer in the rear for aesthetic purposes, everything clears fine as-is. Fronts are tight to the caliper but still clear with normal wheel weight placement.

Fifteen52 Integrale

Hi! I love the look of those rims and I'm thinking of doing the same (in speed silver). Everyone is saying that only 18" is recommended. You haven't had any issues with your 17s? Would you have done anything differently?

Thanks!

Yes you can run 17" however not all rims will over your brake caliper but some will so you will just need to make sure they clear. pretty much all 18" will fit which is why its recommended. 17" would be better in the snow and cheaper then 18" I had these 17" on my R before I went with a BBK - https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfomin.aspx?wn=SAMBA&fn=Gloss+Silver&d=1

Now i'm running these in 18" - https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=fc04&fn=titanium&lang=en-US

Hi! I love the look of those rims and I'm thinking of doing the same (in speed silver). Everyone is saying that only 18" is recommended. You haven't had any issues with your 17s? Would you have done anything differently?

Thanks!

Yes you can run 17" however not all rims will over your brake caliper but some will so you will just need to make sure they clear. pretty much all 18" will fit which is why its recommended. 17" would be better in the snow and cheaper then 18" I had these 17" on my R before I went with a BBK - https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfomin.aspx?wn=SAMBA&fn=Gloss+Silver&d=1

Now i'm running these in 18" - https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=fc04&fn=titanium&lang=en-US
What tires have you been using? Im in Markham, debating between full winters like the conti viking or the Michelin pa4

I've almost settled on the fc04, black 18s. I was also looking at the GTS wheels, they have something similar but with a 35 offset

So with the 17" wheels I had Continental Winter Contact SI which were really good but now passed that on to my moms jetta,
With my 18" FC04 I'm currently running nokian hakkapeliitta r3 which I found to be a bit better then the Winter Contact SI.

I have heard very good things about the Continental Viking tires. If I were you I would get that because in the winter you want to get the most/best grip you can get, who cares if you have winter performance tires on, its not like you will be racing. I much rather have a shorter braking distance or a little bit more grip going around corners and so on it may just save you from getting into a car accident and destroying your nice car.

What tires have you been using? Im in Markham, debating between full winters like the conti viking or the Michelin pa4

I've almost settled on the fc04, black 18s. I was also looking at the GTS wheels, they have something similar but with a 35 offset

Go with the new Viking good value for the $$ I'm close to your location

Go with the new Viking good value for the $$ I'm close to your location
Thanks, I know I should probably go for a more dedicated winter like the Conti, still have a little time to decide

So with the 17" wheels I had Continental Winter Contact SI which were really good but now passed that on to my moms jetta,
With my 18" FC04 I'm currently running nokian hakkapeliitta r3 which I found to be a bit better then the Winter Contact SI.

I have heard very good things about the Continental Viking tires. If I were you I would get that because in the winter you want to get the most/best grip you can get, who cares if you have winter performance tires on, its not like you will be racing. I much rather have a shorter braking distance or a little bit more grip going around corners and so on it may just save you from getting into a car accident and destroying your nice car.
Thanks. Can I use the same bolts and covers that come with the stock rims or do I need new black bolts for the fc04s?

I'm not sure you may be ok with the stock bolts if im not mistaken. I have aftermarket summer wheels & am using different Titanium bolts with them. Just the shop you buy the winter tires from should know, I think they are like $50 maybe.

Thanks, I know I should probably go for a more dedicated winter like the Conti, still have a little time to decide

Thanks. Can I use the same bolts and covers that come with the stock rims or do I need new black bolts for the fc04s?

the whole set ended up being about the same as just a set of the same tires in 235/35/19. Although it looks like I might've gotten the last set from Tirerack as they are now listed as No Longer Available.

I could only find pics on black or red Rs, here it is on Lapiz. I think they go well with the black mirror caps, dark tint, and black roof rack.

I actually just picked up this exact wheel from tire rack this week with General Artic's on them. Glad to see someone else with them as i was a bit nervous the 17's would not clear the brakes.

Got these Bremmer Kraft 19” x 8.5” wheels on sale on tirerack.com last month for $159/ea. Essentially replicas of Niche M204 Vosso.

Pirelli Sottozero 3
235/35 19.

10mm spacers up front, 15mm in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shoutout to you sir. People who post the wheel size + tire size + fitment pics are the real MVPs. I bought the same thing off Tire Rack last week.

2,501 - 2,520 of 2,613 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.