VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

Registered
i dont have time to post on forums 馃徎
the car drives 100% u wouldnt notice the difference from stock to tte450 apart from a few hundred rpm lag which i dont notice
car makes 400whp on 109
uk doesnt really use e85 mate

and all my mods are on my instagram dave_7r and facebook etc
its my daily car i love it best car ive ever had and ive had lots rs6,s4,r35gtr,evos etc

as the car changes daily i can only give u honest specs for specific dates,i dont work so everyday i work on my cars,i have a mk5 32 turbo lightweight project also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
also got 30 videos on youtube dave_7r
happy to answer any questions ive helped hundreds of fellow R owners but i never see forum messages or posts,never ignored anyone in my life 馃徎馃徎馃徎馃徎

Registered
My apologies man, thought you were ignoring :banghead:

Love the car, man. That turbo seems like an interesting option鈥 similar to moving from a k03 -> k04 rather than going full BT and introducing associated lag.

Registered
APR Golf 7R with APR Stage 1 104 octane file, full exhaust, intake and WMI. Run on hoosiers all round. [email protected] Should be the fastest stock turbo 7R around. We have run the car at 3 different events. The car ran today again and ran 11.5 :thumbup:

Wow, that is impressive. Very nice... Getting me excited for a flex fuel conversion down the road (as opposed to W/M).

Registered
Okay, I m gonna be the 1st manual mk7 R tester here.

[email protected] / 2016 / Mk7 R / EA888 / STOCK / 6SPEED MANUAL /91 OCTANE / 110KG DRIVER / STOCK TIRES (19INCH) / STOCK / Elevation / archarmy(Vortex SN)

I got the car last week and I have 1000km on it (600miles) I went to a VW meet and end up going to the drag race today.
I had 1/2 tank gas of 91... stock everything and this is my first time doing a drag race too.
I tried 4 times and got all between 14.3-14.6.
I found myself really hard to launch this AWD perfectly without a bog. (no dump clutch, I was doing 5000-7000rpm slip and let it go launch)

Really need some tips here.

I feel this car just dont have that power to spin all 4 wheels.

I am still waiting for the Eurodyne or APR to release their stage 1 for 2016 R .

Registered
Okay, I m gonna be the 1st manual mk7 R tester here.

[email protected] / 2016 / Mk7 R / EA888 / STOCK / 6SPEED MANUAL /91 OCTANE / 110KG DRIVER / STOCK TIRES (19INCH) / STOCK / Elevation / archarmy(Vortex SN)

I got the car last week and I have 1000km on it (600miles) I went to a VW meet and end up going to the drag race today.
I had 1/2 tank gas of 91... stock everything and this is my first time doing a drag race too.
I tried 4 times and got all between 14.3-14.6.
I found myself really hard to launch this AWD perfectly without a bog. (no dump clutch, I was doing 5000-7000rpm slip and let it go launch)

Really need some tips here.

I feel this car just dont have that power to spin all 4 wheels.

I am still waiting for the Eurodyne or APR to release their stage 1 for 2016 R .
Practice. 101mph trap should be good for solid mid 13's. What are your 60 foots?

AWD is tricky at first, but when I had my mazdaspeed6, I started at 14.6, by the end of the night, I ran a [email protected] First time at the track with AWD.

More suprised by the difference in trap speed from the DSG to Manual golf R. 4-5Mph.

Registered
[email protected] / 1.86 / Mk7 R / EA888 / Stock Turbo / DSG /94 Octane / Stock + 155lbs Driver / Stock Tires + Stock 19" Wheels / Stock Tune / 686 Ft / BenLaz)

Car is bone stock, as it rolls off the factory floor!

thats flying for a stock car. i was playing around with the vbox and all i could get was [email protected] with a 1.9 60ft stock. my 1/8th trap was same as yours tho 84mph.

41 - 60 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.