VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Looking for some expertise that can help me determine what parts and donor cars would be suitable...

I have a 2016 Vw Golf R that has extensive frontend damage.

Essentially I need everything from the front of the engine all the way to the front of the car.
Bumper <-> engine. Rad, intercooler, fenders, rad support, hoses, fans, headlights, everything...

What models share the same parts for these items? Do the regular Golf's of the same gen work for most parts?
Maybe not the bumper etc... but do most? Which would just not work?

If anyone knows of a donor frontend parts car, let me know and I will take the engine forward in one lot.

Thanks for the help and expertise.

Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are 2 easy ways to check interchange online that I know of.

1) Go on car-part.com, put in your vehicle’s info and the part you’re looking for. Scan through the search results and see which vehicles the junkyards have figured as donors. The advantage to this method is that it will probably show you Audi models as well.

2) Surprisingly, parts.vw.com gives interchange information right in their catalog. In the case of your radiator core support, when you click on “What This Fits”, it says that the core supports are the same 2015-2019 and manual trans / auto trans does not make a difference. The advantage to this method is that you are getting official OEM information which you can trust 100%, whereas the junkyards’ interchange system is reverse-engineered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts