VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Mk8 Golf R on US merchandise already

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Rocket_boy 
#1 ·
I work at a dealership and we just got new merchandise for the parts department and one of them features a mk8 Golf R on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
It’s been confirmed for Canada that the Mk8 R will have a sunroof (unclear if it’s an option or standard). Can’t imagine that the US market would be different. Most North American spec VW’s are the same aside from packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Many people bought GTIs over GOLF Rs because of the lack of one.

I didn’t have a sunroof on my 2017 GTI Sport and have one on my 2020 GTI SE with DCC. I prefer having a sunroof. You can cool off the car sooner as heat rises. You can get fresh air while cruising at high speed while still being able to hold a conversation and without wind buffeting. You have a nice view of the top of tress while driving through a forest and it reminds me of canyon carving with a Porsche Boxster.

I’m hoping the leather seats aren’t perforated for the US this time around. I looked at all the leather seat options available in the 2019 Golf R brochure for Germany and none of them were perforated. The 2019 Golf R had heated seats, but not air conditioned seats so the perforation was pointless.

With perforated leather you need to replace foam in your seats, seat if say you are transporting an elderly relative and they have an accident, or your dog pisses or your child spills milk etc. Airlines use leather because it is easy to clean. Perforated leather is worse than cleaning cloth if there is an accident in the car...

#16 ·
Having the option of a sunroof is great - on a car like the R it should be an option for those who want and those that don't.

I am one that would have purchased an R instead of my 2018 GTI if the R came with a sunroof. As an aside the sunroof in my GTI has been great.

Yeah sometimes a noise or two from the seals can be heard, but typically I just clean and re-condition them and it's pretty silent for another 6 months.
Have not had any leaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.