VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any information regarding audio signal source for an LOC for an aftermarket amp/sub instal package. In many of the previous models (MK 5, 6, 7) I would just tap in right behind the discovery media box in the glove compartment. On the MK8 S model there is NO DISCOVERY BOX in the glove compartment. My only other choice is to sort through all the wires in the B-pillars until I find the rear speaker channels for the L/R sides. If anyone has found a signal source for the rear speakers please post here. I've got all the equipment ready to install but no signal source. sadface

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doing this today myself, just got Erwin fired up lol
You are a Spartan! Thank you!

So I take it that there is NO ACCESS OR CONNECTIONS behind the MIB3 display or anywhere in the front dash location? I'm asking because using the B-pillar method I have to jump one pair of speaker wires over to the other pillar to land them both on the LOC. It is a lot easier when you can make all of your connections in ONE LOCATION (typically just behind the in dash discovery box). I will get started tonight an I will try and post photos as well. I got through the firewall and got the power supply landed on the battery last night.

Cheers!!!

· Registered
12 Posts
You are a Spartan! Thank you!

So I take it that there is NO ACCESS OR CONNECTIONS behind the MIB3 display or anywhere in the front dash location? I'm asking because using the B-pillar method I have to jump one pair of speaker wires over to the other pillar to land them both on the LOC. It is a lot easier when you can make all of your connections in ONE LOCATION (typically just behind the in dash discovery box). I will get started tonight an I will try and post photos as well. I got through the firewall and got the power supply landed on the battery last night.

Cheers!!!
Hey is there an update on this. I just got my mk8 SE and due to the Chip shortage no premium sound. I had an mk7 I miss my premium sound. Did you find out how it's done

I didn't want to take my dash apart, however the wires that run to the rear speakers under both factory trim panels by the front doors are easily accessible with just taking the rear seat out and gently prying them up and away. I didn't even have to fully remove them but You can reference this process from the mk7 its identical. All I did was tap into my RL+RL- RR+RR- and ran the wires up to the LOC works perfect. How ever this sound system has left much to be desired. I turned the bass all the way to -9 and run the mids and treb on -2 or else at higher volumes it clips the front tweeters really easily.

· Registered
1 Posts
I didn't want to take my dash apart, however the wires that run to the rear speakers under both factory trim panels by the front doors are easily accessible with just taking the rear seat out and gently prying them up and away. I didn't even have to fully remove them but You can reference this process from the mk7 its identical. All I did was tap into my RL+RL- RR+RR- and ran the wires up to the LOC works perfect. How ever this sound system has left much to be desired. I turned the bass all the way to -9 and run the mids and treb on -2 or else at higher volumes it clips the front tweeters really easily.
Wait so did you connect it under the rear seats or in the front doors? Also what are the color is wires I need to connect to im slightly confused by the diagram.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.